(NEW) Chapter 6 *Mary's death*

You climbed down carefully, before quietly making your way toward the maze as well. You peeked from behind a bush, noticing that he was walking fast and cautiously.

                "I have to follow him."

Thursday, 1889 8:56 Am

You silently made your way out from behind the bush, and toward an different one, peeking out once again. "He seems to be looking for something..I have to get an even closer look."  You quietly followed after him, occasionally he would turn around, checking to see if anyone was following, only to turn back around amd keep walking. Everytime he turned, you would hide yourself behind a different bush, staying out of sight. This went on until he finally reached a giant horse statue; seemingly made of copper due to the greenish rust. You slid behind the bush next to the statue, making sure not to be seen until..

~SNAP~

You jumped at the noise, looking down at your foot immediately..You stepped on a twig. You looked up, not daring to peek your head from behind the bush to see if Mr Kreiburg heard.  You could almost feel his eyes burning through the leaves as you heard him step closer. You clenched your hand at your stomach as he spoke. "Who's there.?" He spoke firmly and clearly, not at all what your were used to. You decided that the gig was up, about to make your way from behind the bush to reveal yourself.

"Its..MPH!"
Your words were muffled and shushed by a white served hand that emerged from behind you, covering your mouth. Another hand slid its way onto your waist, but slid off as whoever was behind you walked to your side. Mr Orpheus walked from behind you, his hand sliding off your waist slowly as he put a finger to his mouth, signaling for you to be quiet. He stepped from behind the bush in your place as you processed what had just happened.

Thursday, 1889 9:00 Am

"Mr Orpheus.? It would seem like none of us are following the rules."
Mr Kreiburg said curiously, placing a hand behind his back in a more formal way. "The spirit of exploration isn't a terrible quality. However, exploring aimlessly is usually futile." Orpheus responded lightly as he smirked. Kreiburg sighed with frustration as he lifted his chin. Orpheus smirked once more."Isn't that so? Mr "Kreiburg" from Austria?" Kreiburg's eyes widened softly, his gaze meeting Orpheus's as he stepped closer. "What do you know." He growled slightly as he clenched his jaw. Orpheus smiled, fixing his monocle as he glanced back for a split second.

"I investigated all the assets of this manor before coming here. Naturally it includes this racecourse that is named after your family. And the legend of the cornflowers. Oh..And Blue Hope.." Kreiburg's eyes narrowed at the name as he clenched his fist. Orpheus smiled at the sight. "Please..Do tell." Kreiburg said firmly.

"In its prime, The Kreiburg Racecourse was a renowned racecourse where even its popular horses were quite famous. The most famous amongst them was the racehorse that came to be known as ;"the White Steed Of Death."
During every race, its rider would invite a lucky lady to pin a flower on it as a victory blessing. That lucky lady was usually Mary. As for the flower she chose, it was the cornflower. The cornflower, which symbolizes a happy encounter, would soo become ironclad evidence used by the people to slander her amd the rider of an impure relationship. Though, they seem to have forgotten thar the horse went berserk amd caused a trampling incident later on. "the White Steed Of Death" was once known as Cyanus. It was a symbol of love that Manus had gifted to Mary. And they forgot that the cornflower had always been the crest of Mary's family. Just like..the one on your tie."

Thursday, 1889 9:07 Am

As Orpheus's explanation came to a close, Kreiburg touched the cornflower emblem on his tie gently, his eyes darting back up to Orpheus. "If what you said is true, is it wrong that I've come here to pay my respects to a late relative of mine?" Kreiburg asked, his tone hinting with anger. "Oh? So Manus buried Mary here?" Orpheus walked past Kreiburg. "Someone offered a high price for the location of Mary's grave back then To pay homage to the beautiful lady who died unjustly. Yet their search came up empty." You crossed your arms, titling your head as you though about what Orpheus had been saying.

"Later on, rumors surfaced about Manus going mad and taking her remains with him." Kreiburg chuckled with frustration, turning to fave Orpheus. "They done seek to pay homage to her! All they want is that gem!" Orpheus turned to face Kreiburg, smiling a sinister grin as he spoke. "Aren't you the same.?" Kreiburg's eyes widened for a moment, before he turned his head. "I have no use for that cursed thing." Orpheus hummed in wonder, stepping closer to Kreiburg. "What a pity. You may have heard that besides being a novelist, Im also a detective. And finding things just so happens to be what detectives are good at. I even planned to help out a little..In exchange for some..things." Kreiburg clutched his cane by his side, sighing softly as he spoke. "In exchange for what." He spike coldly. Orpheus smiled at the fact that he was seemingly willing to make the deal with him. Orpheus walked up beside Kreiburg, whispering something in his ear. You peered your head closer to the edge of the bush, trying to hear what Orpheus wanted from Kreiburg but you failed to hear anything at all.

Thursday, 1889 9:15 Am

Mr Kreiburg thought for a moment, weighing the price of each side before nodding his head. "Deal." Orpheus nodded back, smirking as he spoke. "So, Where should we start?" Kreiburg looked at the ground, pulling a letter from his side as he looked up, handing Orpheus the letter. "After Mary passed away, my family sent multiple letters to Manus, asking for the dowry to be returned, especially Blue Hope. But Manus never wrote back until the day he went missing and someone brought a letter from him to Mary's father." Orpheus opened the letter reading it over again as he listened to Kreiburg's speaking come to an end.

"She rests eternally at her beloved, amd with her beloved."

Orpheus read aloud, pacing around as he put a finger to his chin. "Mary loved three things from childhood; Praise, jewelry, and horses. This is the only place i can think of where all three meet." Kreiburg looked up at the horse statue. Orpheus handed the letter back, placing his finger back on his chin as he thought aloud. "After the incident, Manus killed Cyanus to appeal the people's anger. So do you think that he buried Mary with Cyanus, along with Mary's favorite gem?" Orpheus tilted his head as Kreiburg sighed. "I don't know..This is as far as I can get." Orpheus nodded. "We can start by searching for Cyanus's burial spot. Perhaps we can search for where a horse may be buried and go from there, lile the stables for example."  Kreiburg nodded, before the two of them made their way out of the maze amd toward the stables.

You walked from behind the bush, standing in front of the statue as you though of the clue Orpheus had given you.

        "This is going to be a long day.."