20

Everyone couldn't believe you didn't even show up for your Valedictorian Speech. What happened?" "I just didn't show, is all. It was for the best." Mary didn't push Jungkook. 

She could tell it bothered him, and she knew who he was. "Anyone needs a refill?" Kook got up and grabbed his cup. Everyone said they were okay, but Namjoon got up to follow him.

"Are you okay?" "Yeah, Joonaa, I am." Namjoon just knew what to say, "My appa is the same way; he won't have anything to do with me either. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here for you." 

Kook just smiled and pulled him by his hand out to the engine bay; Jungkook backed him to the wall and kissed him. "Wow, what was that for?" "No reason." Kook smiled.

"Jungkookie, can I ask you something?" Kook nodded his head. "You were smart, and you became a fireman?" "Well yeah, I didn't want to follow my father's footsteps after he threw me out. I also liked helping people, so I decided to become a firefighter."

"What does your father do?" "He's in finance, but it doesn't matter now, I love my job

"What does your father do?" "He's in finance, but it doesn't matter now, I love my job." Jungkook tried to change the subject by pulling Namjoon back to him to kiss, but some kids ran in to climb on one of the trucks along with a fellow fireman, so Jungkook and Namjoon broke apart quickly. They walked back to the kitchen and found Beom and Mary standing there.

"Hey, where did you two run off to?" Beom asked, both Jungkook and Namjoon smiled. "Never mind." They sat at a table, and Mary pulled a few things from the bag she was carrying. 

"You brought cookies?" Mary just smiled and opened the container. "You know you're just a big kid, Beomaa." They all laughed and talked for a little while longer until the tones went off, and all the guys jumped up and ran for the trucks. 

All the families cleaned up what they'd been eating or doing and left the station. Namjoon walked with Mary to the train. "Do you mind if I accompany you home before I head home?" "You don't have to do that, Namjoonaa."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to noona." They took the subway to her station, and he walked her home. He sat down with her for a bit, and they talked about Tuesday.

 He sat down with her for a bit, and they talked about Tuesday

"Namjoonaa, bring Jungkook with you." "I can't do that," Namjoon exclaimed. "I don't think Beom hyung is ready for me to start bringing home a date again."

"Namjoonaa, he loves you. Beom was so happy after he saw the two of you exchanging numbers last Thursday." Mary was beaming. 

"Namjoonaa, you know Beom always knew there was something different about you. Remember, when you came out to your parents and your other siblings, he stood by you when no one else did." Namjoon looked like he was going to shed a tear. 

"I know. Hyung lost a lot standing by me, and I love him so much." "And he doesn't care. 

Beom always said he'd defend you and disown the family again if he had to. He knew you were miserable dating women and knew you only did it to pacify your parents." "Yeah, hyung always did know more than I thought he ever did about my life."

"