chapter 19: school....fuck.

Third person Pov

In a secluded training ground, Jason and EMIYA, the seasoned Archer, shared a moment of quiet reflection. The air was filled with the soft rustling of leaves and the distant echo of swords clashing. EMIYA, with his silver hair and piercing eyes, turned to his protege, Jason, who had come a long way in his training.

Emiya: Jason, do you know why I took you under my wing?

Jason: I've always wondered about that. You, the Hero of Justice, and me, someone with no abilities It's an odd pairing.

EMIYA: It's precisely because of our differences that I chose to train you. I've seen the turmoil within you, the struggle to find your path. I was once like you, bound by a singular ideal. But I learned something important on my journey.

Jason: What did you learn?

EMIYA: I learned that ideals can be a double-edged sword. They can give you purpose, but they can also blind you to the world's complexities. My unwavering pursuit of justice led to suffering and isolation. It changed me.

Jason: So, what's the lesson in all of this?

EMIYA: The lesson is that your ideals will evolve over time. They will change you, and you'll change them. What's important is to stay true to yourself and adapt. Your journey may be filled with darkness, but you have the power to choose your path.

Jason: I see. So, you're saying I shouldn't be defined solely by my abilities and past.

EMIYA: Exactly. Embrace your abilities, but let them serve you, not control you. And remember, the bond we share as teacher and student is as important as any ideal. We are here to support each other, no matter how our paths may change.

Their conversation carried a profound message, reminding Jason that his journey was not just about mastering his powers, but also about understanding the dynamic nature of his ideals and forging a strong bond with his mentor, EMIYA.

My Pov

I woke up from my dream

I felt.chisato and , the weight of his own thoughts pressing down on me. Despite all my incredible abilities and the mentors who had trained me, there was an inner turmoil that consumed me.

Why do I seek to be a hero? I was born without abilities, an outcast in my own family. They despised me for my lack of power, for being different. So, why would I still cling to this path of heroism?

My mind wandered through the memories of of childhood, of the mocking voices and cold glares from those who should have cared for him. The pain of rejection had never truly left him.

And the lovers that promised me they'll always love me betray me like that.

After all the Adventures I've been in those kind of thoughts barely affect but only one

My path as a hero

If I was to define myself

BLOOD, CORPSES PAIN AND TEARS

All four of these

Am I just trying to prove them wrong? To show them that I can be more than they ever thought I could be? Is it all about seeking their validation?

Yet, another voice within me countered this, reminding me of the people i had met along my journey, the lives i had saved, and the friends i had made.

It was more than just validation; it was a genuine desire to protect and make a difference.

No, it's not just about them. It's about making the world a better place, about helping those in need. But can I really be a hero? Can I ever escape the shadow of my past?