chapter 30: another pupil

Observing Miyetta's downcast expression, I couldn't help but notice the pain etched in her eyes.

Me:Did you say you have QSSM deficiency?

I inquired gently, my tone carrying a mix of curiosity and empathy.

Her tears welled up, but she nodded, confirming,

Miyetta:Yeah, I do. It's why I came to this village. They were the only ones that accepted me. My family, everyone I knew, treated me like a monster.

The weight of her words hung in the air, a poignant reminder of the struggles she had faced. Miyetta gritted her teeth, determination shining through the glint of unshed tears.

Miyetta: I don't care I won't give up no matter what

This is my chance, my dream, to help those who had the same condition as me. My dream apart from succeeding as a hero of this world like the ones I've been too is for those with QSSM deficiency can learn abilities that won't make society treat them like trash

A profound understanding settled within me as I listened to her story. I stepped closer, lowering my voice,

Me:You're not alone in this. I know what it's like to carry the weight of QSSM deficiency. It's a challenging journey, but it doesn't define who you are.

Miyetta's gaze met mine, a mixture of surprise and curiosity.

Miyetta:You... you have the same condition?

I nodded solemnly.

Me:Yes, I do. It's something I've dealt with my entire life. People can be quick to judge what they don't understand. But it's also what drove me to become a hero - to prove that even without traditional powers, we can make a difference.

She wiped away a tear, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

Miyetta:I never thought I'd meet someone who understands.

Smiling, I reassured her

Me:You're not alone in this journey. This village may have accepted you, but there are others out there who will appreciate your strength and determination. And together, we can make a difference, not just for ourselves but for everyone facing the same challenges.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Miyetta and I continued to share our experiences, forging a connection rooted in shared struggles and aspirations. The village, now bustling with renewed life, became a symbol of acceptance and hope for those with QSSM deficiency.

Observing Miyetta with a thoughtful gaze, I extended the offer

Me:Miyetta, what would you do with the power of a Devil Fruit once I give it to you?

She took a moment to consider, her eyes reflecting a mix of contemplation and excitement.

Miyetta:having such powers... I would use them to protect people t actually be a hero, just like you do. I want to ensure that no one else has to face the judgment and isolation I experienced because of my condition.

A genuine smile played on my lips as I listened to her earnest response.

Me:That's a noble goal. The power of a Devil Fruit can indeed be a force for good, especially in the hands of someone with such a compassionate heart. But remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Are you ready for the challenges that might come with it?

Miyetta nodded determinedly.

Miyetta -I am. I've seen the impact of your abilities, and I believe that with the power of a Devil Fruit, I could make an even greater difference. I want to be a beacon of hope for those who feel marginalized, just like we were.