chapter 24

Almost ending my fam part 2

Nathaniel and Sarah Smith made their grand entrance, my so-called 'parents' whose very presence elicited a surge of disdain within me. The hatred I harbored for them ran deep, and as they entered the room, I couldn't help but clench my fists. Despite being assholes, I had to begrudgingly acknowledge their immense power – Sarah, a huntsman with mind control abilities over people's eyes, and Nathaniel, with a quirk that could remove all human limiters, akin to the eight gates technique mastered by the likes of Might Guy.

Their powers were undeniably formidable, and that fact only fueled my resentment.

Nathaniel:Jason, my boy, it's been too long.

He said with a smirk

Me:  Not long enough.

I gritted my teeth

My demon mark easily manifested being fueled by my dark emotions

Sarah:  Always the charmer. It's a shame you never appreciated what we did for you.

She said with a smirk

Me: Oh, you mean the constant manipulation and control treating those without gifts or abilities treated like hell ruling the Smith clan as If it's some sort of elite ancient Assassin clan like the  Lin kuei Yeah, what a gift.

As the verbal sparring continued, Chisato kept a watchful eye on the unfolding dynamics. Damien, Nora, and even the enforcer who brought me here seemed on edge, sensing the volatile atmosphere.

Nathaniel: We're a family of power, Jason. It's time you recognize your place.

Me: family? Power? I found my own path, far away from your twisted idea of both

Sarah:Don't mistake independence for strength, Jason. We can make things very difficult for you.

Ahahhahaahh this is getting out of hand I like it

Me: I'd like to see you try.

I gripped kusanagi

The room crackled with tension, the clash of opposing forces evident in every word exchanged. Despite my deep-seated hatred, I couldn't ignore the reality of their power. It was a dangerous game, and I was toeing the line between defiance and recklessness.

Chisato:Jason, be careful.

nodding

Me: I know, Chisato. This is far from over.

As the Smith family reunion unfolded, the stakes were higher than ever, and the battlefield was set not just with words, but with the looming threat of powers that could shatter the fragile peace that barely held.

Nathaniel's gaze shifted towards Chisato, his eyes narrowing with a calculating intensity. The air thickened with an unspoken threat as he addressed her, his words laced with a subtle menace.

Nathaniel: *smirking* And who is this? Another pawn in your little rebellion?

Chisato, despite the undercurrent of threat, met his gaze with unwavering determination.

Chisato:  I'm Chisato, and I'm here by choice. No one's a pawn in anything.

She said calmly

Nathaniel:  Choice, huh? I find it hard to believe that a low-level nurse from Union Academy willingly involves herself in our family matters.

Me: Watch your tone, Nathaniel.

I interjected

Nathaniel shot me a mocking glance, then redirected his attention to Chisato.