One.

This story is pure fanfiction, please do not take it seriously, everything is invented.
Anyways, I am so happy to finally publish this book! I hope you will enjoy reading it <3
Also please note that I LOVE reading comments and interactions :)

"Are you okay with this?" She asked me, a hand on my back.

"Do I have a choice?" I laughed sarcastically.

"Honey... I am sorry we're putting you through this, really. It was your father's idea and I just agreed without thinking." She sighed and hid her face behind her hand.

"It's okay mom, it was time for me to get married anyways, wasn't it?" I smiled even though I wasn't exactly enjoying the situation, my mom just admitted I was going to get married in a month to some guy I didn't know, for my dad's business obviously.

They weren't forcing me, in a way.
They were asking my opinion after having already signed the contract, would it really make a difference if I said no?

I leaned into the couch and looked up at the ceiling, at least I was going to meet him a few times before marrying him, which still didn't sit right with me, but I would just have to accept it at some point.

"What's his name?" I looked at her.

Her eyes met mine and she smiled painfully.

"Han jisung"

I nodded, not knowing the answer to that.

"Darling, get up." She was shaking me lightly, causing me to wake up.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes, still not very conscious.

"They're coming in thirty minutes, you need to get ready." She patted my shoulder as I was slowly understanding her words.

"Who?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"Minho? I told you yesterday, we invited your future husband's family for lunch..." she shook her head, in disbelief that I could forget.

"Oh." I tried to remember but couldn't, I simply nodded and told her that I would be ready by then, she then left the room without saying another word.

I took my phone from my nightstand and saw a few messages from Seungmin.

I ignored them and left my room for the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and did my hair, even if I was going to get married to a stranger, I at least wanted to look good a little, for my family's image.

I decided to wear a black sweat with beige jeans, it was casual but chic.
I went downstairs just as I heard the bell ring.

My father opened the door and welcomed the three person standing in front of our house.
They entered one by one, a short bald man shook my father's hand and showed a bright smile, he was followed by a taller woman who had her hair done like we were in the 80s, a nonchalant expression on her face.
And there he was.

A short boy entered behind them, he had brown hair and brown eyes, which were empty.
He looked lifeless.
His mother gave him a light nudge and he straightened immediately, displaying a fake smile, which made his big cheeks go up.

He bowed in front of my parents and stopped once he saw me. He started to bow once again but I prevented him from doing that.

"You don't need to." I wasn't smiling nor sulking, I just had a neutral expression, because all of that felt wrong.

He nodded and muttered a 'thank you' I could barely hear, but I wasn't going to ask him to repeat himself since I could strongly feel his discomfort.
We all headed to the dining room and a few maids joined us with trays.
They placed a plate in front of each of us, which made me embarrassed since I never accepted the maids to do that kind of thing for me, even if my parents insisted it was their job.

I thanked them and my attention drifted to the boy in front of me, he was looking at the food in front of him, not daring to stare at anything else.
I felt pity, in all honesty.
I couldn't bare to see that young boy's life ruined like that.

Our parents were discussing work related matters, but I decided to interrupt them.

"Excuse me, may I ask something?" All of their heads turned in my direction.

My dad was the one who answered : "go ahead Minho."

"Mr Han, Mrs Han, did you ask Jisung if he was okay with all of this plan?" I politely asked.

I felt my "future husband"' 's head lift and look at me directly, but I was focused on the couple, waiting for a response.

"We did, and he agreed, thank you for worrying about him already, it's your duty as his fiance after all." He laughed and my father imitated him.

My mother seemed uncomfortable but didn't say anything, as for his mother, she was clearly annoyed by me.

I began eating after we got the permission and finished quickly, wanting to get away as soon as possible.
I noticed that the brunette at the other side of the table was touching the meat with his fork but hadn't actually eaten anything.

"Tell me if I am being impolite, but could Jisung and I take our leave? To get to know each other better." My mom looked at me suspiciously, knowing that I didn't want that contract.

The parents looked at me, then at Jisung who looked like he was about to cry. Mr. Han sighed and told us to go.

I stood up and signaled the boy to follow me, which he did whitout protest.

Once we were out of the house, I turned around to face him.

"Okay, they forced you didn't they?" I was bored of seeing an afraid kitten.

"Obviously..." he started crying and I was lost, I didn't know what to do so I instinctively hugged him, sharing his pain.

"You're not alone, don't worry Jisung, we'll find a way to cancel the wedding." I reassured him, in truth, I had no idea how to.

"Really?" His face lit up and I felt bad.

"Of course, don't worry." I caressed his head.

He wiped his tears and showed me a genuine smile this time.

"Thank you, I thought you were going to be mean." He looked away.

I tilted my head "why?"

"You seem mean." He admitted, hesitating.

I scoffed and shook my head, I was often seen that way, but I didn't care.

"Let's go to the park, yeah?" He agreed and we headed there