(27) night of the hunter's part 2

Monsters / dragons talking = "bold"

Humans talking = slanted

Thinking = slanted and bold

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y/n / Strax pov

As cannon balls crashed into me and the ship splintered the wood and ripping through the hull in the process, Dagur was wildly laughing as Heather looked on smiling. As I blocked the shots with my wing the cannon fire eventually stopped much to the dismay of Dagur. Using this opportunity, I aimed my wings at them and launched a volley of dragon element bolts into the ship splintering wood and metal upon contact. Suddenly Meatlug, Stormfly, and Meatlug ran out of the ship and started to escape. Astrid hopped onto Stormfly's back as did fishlegs making me stop my onslaught.

Hiccup : "NOW!!!"

Hiccup, Toothless, Snotlout, Hookfang, the twin and barf and belch all flew down ready to attack, but the lead hunter had a wicked grin on his face.

??? : "fire."

As he said that two bolas shot out from some wooden cannon wrapped around Stormfly and Meatlugs legs making them fall over.

y/n / Strax : "dammit!"

Hiccup : "it didn't work..."

As Stormfly, Meatlug, astrid, and fishlegs were recaptured the other riders stopped their attack as hundreds of arrows flew from the ships making the dragon riders fall back as the hunters pressed the attack.

Hiccup : "evasive action now!!!"

As Hiccup said that the dragon riders weaved through the air dodging most of the arrows before barf and belch got hit with an arrow making them fall from the sky.

Tuffnut : "not good!!!"

Ruffnut : "getting worse!!!"

The twins : "WERE GOING DOWN!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!"

The twins said as Barf and Belch began to spin around wildly and fall down towards the ocean as Hookfang was also hit and started losing control. The hunters tried to use the arrows against me but they all either missed or couldn't penetrate my scales.

y/n / Strax : "these wretched pests! YOU WILL PAY!!!!"

As i said that i let out a large shriek making the hunters cover their ears in pain. Using my jets to move the boat I sped over to the hunter's ships and rammed my boat into them knocking many over. As I steadied myself from the impact, I walked on the hunter's ship and began attacking the hunters who in turn stopped attacking the dragon riders and started attacking me. They tried to fire more arrows into me to no avail as I ripped through their ranks. The lead hunter looked irritated as he grabbed a sword off his back that looked to be of a similar metal to the cages aboard the ship.

??? : "men get the others! This one's mine~"

As he said that the hunters returned to trying to attack Hookfang, Toothless and their riders.

Toothless : "y/n we gotta go!"

y/n / Strax : "what!? Nonsense! We cannot stop now!"

Toothless : "y/n! We have to go NOW!! Otherwise, we'll all be captured!"

As I tried to think about what Toothless said a sword suddenly slashed against my side, not being all that damaging but still distracting enough. Looking at the lead hunter he had a look of shock on his face at just how little damage his blade had caused.