21 : dumb & dumber *

Flashback, 2013

Sophomore Year of College

(21)

No. Baekhyun is not jealous.

"Baby, say ahh~"

"Ahh~ Wow, baby. This cake is so sweet, just like you!"

"Baby! You're the sweet one!"

"You're so cute, baby. Mmmh!"

NOPE. Baekhyun is not jealous at all.

He'll never be jealous of this lovey-dovey, sickeningly cringy couple sitting across from his table. He is irritated, for the lack of a better word; mortified, even. Why are these people eating inside the library?

Rolling his eyes, he scoffs and closes the book he was trying to read in peace. He grumbles out loud: Get a room, for fuck's sake!

"Baby! I'm scared. That guy is glaring at meee!"

"Dude, what the hell's your problem, huh?"

Looking left and right, Baekhyun innocently points at himself and blinks. The man is about to approach him but his girlfriend pulls his arm and shakes her head. Let's just go, she says, He's just probably jealous of us! The guy smirks and mutters out loud, Yeah, right. He must still be a virgin. Aren't guys in their department all like that?

An offended gasp leaves Baekhyun's mouth. How dare that bastard insult him!? Who says he's a virgin?

Looking down at his jacket with the bold embroidery 'College of Game Development, 2nd year', Baekhyun immediately covers it with his hand. He clears his throat.

"I'm just gonna get out of here."

He collects his stuff and decides to come early for his next class which is Games Technology, his favorite subject.

Truth hurts but their department is infamously stereotyped as the "home of virgins and nerds" at S University. Men comprise 90% of their population, and probably 90% of that 90% are all virgins.

And that is where Baekhyun finds himself falling into the category. A virgin. Never been touched. Never been kissed(?). And at 21, no less.

When he was 18, he doesn't care about shit like this. All he cares about is playing games and hanging out with friends. But now that he's in his early twenties and guys his age start getting into relationships, it's natural that he wants to experience his peak of youth as well. He wants to date. He wants a girlfriend. He wants to have sex.

This is so depressing and humiliating. Who's still a virgin at 21?

Well, Baekhyun is.

Oh, and Chanyeol, too. His best friend since high school and his college roommate. But let's leave the guy alone. Chanyeol could lose his virginity anytime he wants but he chooses not to, allegedly, for some private reasons. It could be that he has high standards. It could be that he's a believer in chastity before marriage. It could be that he's still waiting for the right person. So Baekhyun refuses to lump himself with the mighty Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol is a virgin by choice. Meanwhile, he is a virgin by fate.

"Baekhyun, don't speak like that about yourself, okay? It's not like you're terrible-looking! Just think of the women who asked for your number at those drinking parties. Trust me. You're gonna get laid real soon."

It's as if Baekhyun would feel any better after hearing that from Chanyeol.

Baekhyun couldn't stress this enough. He knows he's above average in terms of physical appearance. He's heard compliments about his looks here and there. Sure. Women love to swoon over cute, pretty boys. They are fond of those innocent-looking eye candies that have adorable, puppy-like faces and soft, manly features but with an exceptionally hot and sexy aura deep within. They are attracted to the type of guys who can switch up personalities in a snap of a finger; from a sweet, boy-next-door lover to a cool, handsome boyfriend oozing with manliness and charisma. Ladies seem to have a kink for men who exude vibes like that.