23 : exes & why's *

Present, 2022

(30)

Baekhyun is extremely nervous.

"Hey. You made it!"

Presenting his first game in front of many people at work was nothing compared to this jittery feeling right now. Arriving at the house of his boyfriend's sister, his heart begins to rattle with anxiety. But seeing Chanyeol's face first things first after the door was opened, his nerves are calming down a bit now.

"Where's Yoora noona?"

"She's outside walking Toben. Want something to drink?"

Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun for a hug; Baekhyun gives him a peck on the cheek.

"Water's fine. Thanks."

"Sit anywhere you like."

Timidly taking off his shoes and wearing indoor slippers, Baekhyun wanders his eyes around Yoora's cozy home. The modern living room radiates warmth and elegance, with its furniture in beige and white. Plants beautify the spacious garden in the backyard. Books and paintings are everywhere as well. He heard that Chanyeol's brother-in-law is an architect. This house is truly a work of art.

"How about her husband? Is he home?"

Sitting on the couch, Baekhyun receives the drink Chanyeol is handing him.

"Hyung went on a business trip. I slept over last night because my sister was scared to be alone."

"What a thoughtful little brother~"

"You know me."

Today is the day they planned on telling Yoora about their relationship. To not make this meeting super obvious, Baekhyun guised it as a simple visit to his 'best friend's sister' like the old days. He had to remind himself of this fact when he was choosing what to wear this morning. He didn't want to appear overdressed and be obvious that he prepared for this day too much, so he just picked what he normally wears when going outside. A simple black tee and a pair of washed jeans.

"Aren't you dressed too lightly? It's already winter."

"I just grabbed whatever's in my closet."

"You didn't bring a coat with you?"

"No, sadly..."

"Your hands are cold."

"It's because I'm super nervous, silly."

To heat Baekhyun's icy hands, Chanyeol clasps them, rubs them together, and breathes on them. He sneaks Baekhyun's pretty fingers under his hoodie and flats out those cold palms on top of his stomach.

"Now they're warm."

Looking at Chanyeol's smirking face makes Baekhyun laugh. Why is this man so adorable?

"Seriously, if your sister sees us like this..."

"What's wrong with touching my abs a little?"

"Abs? All I feel are tummy flaps," Baekhyun jokes, and Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

"You mean, six-packs, right? The only soft thing on my stomach is my skin."

"And your belly button."

"Uh-huh."

Toben's high-pitched barks can be heard at the front door upon Yoora's arrival, and it's a sign for Baekhyun to move away from Chanyeol and greet his future sister-in-law. Yoora smiles brightly at the sight of a handsome man in her humble abode. Seeing Baekhyun after a while is like a breath of fresh air.