.six

six | Kim Gaeul's origin

Kim Gaeul set two goals one month after Natty left.

One, she would spend as much time with Natty as possible.
That's why she hoped they had no elemental limits, and that the extra camps were held for all elements together.

And two, she would be one of the best earth manipulators in Camp Beta.
She knew she could achieve such a goal because her power was strong and she already knew how to control it.

Before leaving her home of two years, give or take, Gaeul made sure everything was perfectly organized, and she also made sure everything was locked. She was terrified of intruders and thieves, maybe because her parents were once thieves themselves, or maybe because she had a very rough experience growing up. Sure, the foster center was a safe place, but the kids there were not even close to the word nice.

They'd steal every chance they got, they'd call her rude names just because her hair was blonde, and they'd call her a freak because of her power.

That was all before Natty came. Natty had such a powerful and dominant aura, that no kid dared mess with her. So when Natty befriended Gaeul, the kids decided to leave her alone as well.

Gaeul went to primary and middle school by herself, but since Natty decided to she wanted to enroll in the same high school, Gaeul spent the whole day with the older girl. So, after a while, the two became inseparable.

She didn't have any friends except Natty, mainly because she just didn't want to meet new people. Gaeul didn't have social anxiety, but something about new people rubbed her the wrong way.

"You're leaving today, aren't you?" the concierge asked as he spotted the girl with a backpack and a suitcase waiting for the elevator.

(*concierge is a person that is in charge of a building, e.g. an apartment complex, and takes care of any malfunctions in the building*)

"That's right, ma'am." Gaeul nodded.

"Take care of yourself, and make sure to say hi to Natty for me," the woman stated, "I will make sure to take care of your apartment while you are gone, and if anything happens, I'll contact you immediately."

"Thank you so much, ma'am." Gaeul was a nice and polite girl. Most people like her for how softhearted and quiet she is, not knowing the reason behind her careful actions.

The two ended up making small talk in the elevator, and the concierge was kind enough to call Gaeul a taxi and pay for it, which Gaeul was very thankful for because, on the contrary, she'd have to walk to the train station.

Just like everyone else, the girl slept for most of the train ride, and she managed to sleep quite well.

Gaeul knew she wouldn't be able to meet Natty right away, she was just hoping that she could meet her at all because she didn't know whether different elements could hang out inside camp.

She exited the train with a few other eighteen-year-olds, but none of them seemed to have earth powers.

The four welcomers walked them through everything, mentioning everything as they usually would to every new student. Gaeul listened to their speech halfheartedly, not finding it interesting whatsoever.

They were soon led into the camp, and that's when things started to interest her a whole lot more. She was mesmerized by how modern everything was, and how well it all fit together.

"You have one week without any schedules, and after that, your training starts, so make sure to sleep a lot and not tire yourselves out." one of the welcomers stated before they were all free to go to their districts.

Gaeul managed to find her room and settle in before dinner, which eased her mind a little because she was able to mentally prepare herself for the mass of people she was going to encounter.

What she couldn't prepare herself for, was bumping into a stranger at the entrance of the canteen.

"I'm so sorry," the stranger immediately apologized, and Gaeul could sense that they were inspecting every inch of her, which made her uncomfortable, "Are you new here? I haven't seen you before."

"Yes, I came today," Gaeul replied quietly, but the stranger was close enough to hear her.

"I assume you don't know anyone here, then." when she nodded, the stranger proposed, "Do you want to sit with me?"

_

Kim Gaeul
as nature's friend
terrakinesis

Kim Gaeul as nature's friendterrakinesis

_

everyone's sleeping on the train because I am sleep-deprived :,)

also, should I find some visual representations of the interior of the camp and the rooms and all that stuff?
I'd find some images that are close to how I imagine it if you want me to, it might be easier to understand and picture it the way I do