.twenty.one

twenty-one | what did you do?

"The next camp is in a few weeks, we need to see if there are any kids we should replace." Yizhuo started once all the elites were sitting in the main office. A few extracurricular camps had passed under their control, and even though they were doing a good job, the elites felt like there was something off.

"I know one kid I'd like to get rid of," Wonbin replied without a second thought.

"Do you know who you'd replace them with?" Natty asked.

"I suppose you already know the answer to that," Wonbin replied.

"All in favour of the first-year fire student Kim Jimin getting replaced with the first-year fire student Park Soobin raise your hands." Natty stated, and almost everyone put their hand up, "Why do you want Jimin to stay, Jisung?"

"She's capable, and I know that she's a stuck-up little pick-me girl, but she has potential. I think we shouldn't replace her, but knocking some common sense into that anger-filled head of hers would probably do her good. Plus, she's the president's daughter, we might get in trouble if we replace her after her second camp." Jisung reasoned.

Sure, most people in Camp Beta thought of him as a stuck-up asshole the first time they met him, but that was only due to his closed-off personality and people's assumptions. Jisung knew that the president's daughter was the exact same, and he wanted to give her a chance to prove herself even further to the rest of the elites, but the others obviously thought otherwise.

"You might be right, but Park Soobin also has a lot of potential, so I'd personally want to see what he has to offer. Min Osung's time is soon over, so we can put Jimin back in if she learns how to behave." Yizhuo nodded.

"I think Yizhuo's idea is the most acceptable, so let's keep it for now. I'll break the news to Jimin tonight. Do any of you want to replace anyone else?" Natty asked.

"I'd say that we're good for the next camp, we replaced a lot of people last time, so let's keep it like this until further notice." Jake voiced his opinion.

"Is that accepted by everyone?" Wonbin asked. A series of affirmative words were heard, and with that, their meeting came to an end.

"We should hold a meeting this weekend, just to go over safety and activities for the next camp," Sunghoon stated, making everyone agree, "I've already submitted the plan to the higher-ups, and they said that it still matches the criteria of the new curriculum."

"Are you all free on Sunday after dinner?" Matthew asked. Taking the nods as a yes from everyone, they set the time for the next meeting on Sunday after dinner, not fixating the time in case someone had training and was late to dinner.

"Why do you always try to oppose me? Isn't it tiring?" Jisung asked once the two made it out of the office.

"I wasn't trying to oppose you, I was simply stating my opinion. Am I not allowed to have one?" Yizhuo questioned.

"Whatever," Jisung shook his head before starting to walk towards District One, "You should step down, because if you don't, I just might have to hurt you, and that won't end well for you."

"Maybe you are as stuck-up as everyone says, but I've just been so focused on beating you, I didn't have time to notice it." Yizhuo commented, making the boy abruptly stop and turn his head to look at her, "I'm not stepping down, and if you plan on hurting me, go ahead, I couldn't care less."

When everyone else, except Natty who was his best friend back then, told him he was stuck up, Jisung did not react. So why did Yizhuo's words feel like a dagger to his heart? Jisung didn't want to think about it, so he let his legs take them wherever they wanted, which ended up being District One's training grounds, just what he needed to calm his nerves.