.nineteen

nineteen | again and again

Kim Jimin was never a fan of Ning Yizhuo. She never understood why people liked her as much as they did.

Then she started noticing how Park Jisung would look at her, and it made her like the elite even less. It wasn't like she had a crush on the third-year, but the fact that he'd even look at her made Jimin mad.

She wanted attention.

Kim Jimin wanted to be noticed by the person who was ranked first, and since that was Park Jisung, she wanted to get his attention. Well, she'd want his attention on her even if he wasn't ranked at number one, but that was beside the point.

She was going to get that attention, one way or another.

"Park Jisung?" the girl called out once she saw the boy take a break from his workout.

"Yes?" the boy asked in a slightly annoyed tone, but he turned his head to look at her, which meant his full attention was on her.

I wonder how Yizhuo feels when he looks at her like that. Jimin thought before shaking all unnecessary thoughts out of her head.

"I wanted to ask if you could help me out with controlling my power," Jimin started, but when she saw the look in his eyes, she quickly added, "But only if you have time and if you are willing to, of course!"

"What's your name?" Jisung asked.

"My name's Kim Jimin." the girl replied immediately.

"You have hell-fire manipulation, don't you?" Jisung questioned.

"That's right," Jimin nodded.

"And why did you specifically want me to help you out?" Jisung asked, "Don't they help you out?"

"Don't get me wrong, Jeon Soyeon is an amazing instructor," Jimin dismissed his harsh words, "But her power is fire manipulation, not hell-fire manipulation."

"So she can't help you out in that field," Jisung nodded, "That's understandable."

"Could you help me out if you're free?" Jimin pleaded.

It was a Saturday, so he had plans later. He knew that Yizhuo would come and train with Matthew two hours before their workout session began, so he had a lot of free time.

Was he willing to help someone out? Sure, especially after what Natty had told him that night when he met Ning. Was he willing to help Kim Jimin? She was a stuck-up prick, something he had been labelled with as well, so he didn't mind it.

But Ning Yizhuo would see him with another girl, and Jisung couldn't wait to see her reaction.

"I have a few hours to spare," Jisung replied before putting down his water bottle on the bench he had been sitting on and standing up to face the girl, "Let's start easy. Show me what you've got."

And with that, Park Jisung finally helped someone with his advice.

At first, he didn't know how to explain certain concepts, so he simply showed her what he wanted her to do. After two hours, he had gotten a hang of expressing his thoughts through words.

Yizhuo came with Matthew two hours before Jisung and she would start their sparring. They were laughing about something, which made Jisung a little bit annoyed, but he tried not to show his feelings in front of the first-year.

"Are you a little more confident now?" Jisung asked the girl once she caught her breath.

"It's much easier to control the flames now," Jimin breathed out.