.seventeen

seventeen | like it's hard

People always exaggerate things.

At least, that's what the elites figured out after attending an extracurricular camp.

Usually, the elites would be the ones to lead those camps, since they were the top ten students in all four years, but since some of them hadn't gotten a chance to go to one of those camps before, the higher-ups decided to send them all to a camp, a camp made just for elites.

"As you know, this camp is only for the elites, so I hope you all get along well and manage to work together. I expect you all to be ready to lead extracurricular camps by the end of this one, am I understood?" one of the higher-ups told them before boarding the train.

Natty and Jisung, who became elites in their first year, already knew how extracurricular camps worked, and the same could be said for Matthew, Yizhuo, and Taehun.

Sunghoon, Jake and Yeojin became elites in their second year of camp, so they had less experience.

This particular camp was made for Wonbin and Gaeul, who only recently got into the top ten spots, which was still impressive considering they had earth-based powers, which were known to be weaker than those of the other elements.

"As you know, we leave the planning of schedule and activities in the extracurricular camps to you, but you always have to submit your plans so that we can take note of what you are doing and make sure everything is appropriate." the man began once they were all sitting around a big wooden dining table.

"You can do all sorts of activities, such as duration tests, hand-to-hand combat training, personalized training, sparing, capture the flag, team vs team tests, cooperation activities, and so on. You can also add some things you'd like, they can be new, but you will need to provide an explanation on what that activity is and what it's good for." a woman said.

"How long are extracurricular camps?" Wonbin asked.

"They are always five days long, and most often you will come to this resort, as it is the biggest and safest one." the man replied, "There is one camp every three weeks, and it always lasts from Monday to Friday."

"How many activities do we usually have to do per day?" Gaeul questioned. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a boy glancing at her, and another seemingly bored one.

"We advise the elites to plan two or three activities for each day, and they can be repeated throughout the camp." the woman replied.

Since they had no more questions, they were free to do whatever they wanted to for another two hours, since the curfew started at ten in the evening.

"I don't think we've officially met before," the boy who was stealing glances at Gaeul stayed behind to introduce himself, "My name is Seok Matthew, nice to meet you."

"I'm Kim Gaeul," Gaeul shook his hand, offering a small smile, which the boy returned, "You know everyone else here?"

"Yes. I don't know some of them very well, but I've seen them around quite a lot before." Matthew nodded.

"Could you tell me something about each one of them? I feel like I should know more, I just never went out of my way to socialize, I've always stuck with Natty." Gaeul stated.

"You know her?" Matthew questioned. When she asked him to tell her about each of them, he immediately thought that she didn't know the fire elites, since they mostly stuck with each other.

"We practically grew up together," Gaeul replied, making Matthew nod in understanding.

"So you don't need much insight on her, I suppose," Matthew replied, "I'll go by standings in the top ten."