Chapter 9

I drove through the town for about two hours, just so I could clear my head. I couldn't forget about what happened at McDonald's or believe that I may have met my mate face-to-face. Mu warned me that this would happen and I wasn't prepared for it.

It took me a while, but eventually, I cleared my head and decided to keep it in the game hoping that someone in the tournament does beat his ass and then I won't have to deal with him. And then after I had my revenge, I'll deal with the new problems I have outside of the tournament including Nisan and my new mate.

I returned to my condo and made myself a protein shake, before heading to my private gym to work out. At this point, I was pulling at anything that could distract me because if I wasn't thinking about Nisan, I was thinking about the alpha. Being poly clearly wasn't a good thing, because now I had to deal with two problems.

I was pounding my fists into a punching bag when someone rang the doorbell. I thought it was Mu at first and was relieved because I needed his advice. To my demise, it wasn't him.

"Nisan?" my mouth was hanging open as I stared at the moment standing by my doorstep. "What are you doing here?" I couldn't hide how surprised and excited I was, but also confused. She gave me weird signals last night and now she was standing at my doorstep. How did she know where I live?

"Hey..." Both her hands were around the straps of her purse, looking nervous to stand in front of me. I then noticed her staring at my sweaty torso the whole time. "Are you alone?"

"At the moment, yes. Is something the matter?"

"N-no...I mean nothing related to the tournament...but us."

I cleared my throat and scratched the back of my neck. "What about us?"

"May I come inside?"

"Of course!" realizing that it may have seemed rude to not let her come inside, I stepped aside and after she walked in, I closed the door.

The atmosphere changed and only became more tense. Usually, I wasn't the thoughtful one, but to make things easier I went to wear a shirt and then I offered her some coffee.

She comfortably sat on the couch before I handed her her coffee. "Thanks."

I held mine in my hands and sat down on the armrest.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked her and then added. "If it's going to be the lame old friend zone speech, then save it. I clearly got the message last night even after you, obviously enjoyed it."

"I'm married, König."

"Huh?"

"A year ago my father arranged for me to marry the son of a family friend and we've been married for a year now. I'm sorry I wasn't open to you about this from the start, but that's the truth. His name is Levi and he's gone on a business trip. He cannot know about this or the marriage will be ruined and this will cause problems in our families."

"..." I was shocked. No, shocked was an understatement, I was speechless and had no clue what to say.

She left her coffee untouched on the coffee table and stood up. "What we have should remain nothing but a professional relationship. I'm only your manager and what happened last night should never be mentioned again."

I clenched my fists. She was literally rejecting me and that was a hard blow a guy like me tried to avoid my entire life. I could get that she was married, but it takes two to tango and now she was telling me she didn't want it.

My raging boner was telling me to bend her over that couch and show her her place, but I held myself in. I needed to think rationally and this was something I didn't see coming. I was caught off guard and it hurt a little too.

"You're right..." I said suppressing the emotions I felt. Mū taught me well how to hide my vulnerable side. "This is nothing but a professional relationship and it should stay that way. Once I win the tournament, you and I go our separate ways." I extended a hand out to finish the deal.

She looked at me and frowned. "Wait you're not going to pursue a sex wrestling career?"

"No," I shook my head. "I was never in it for a career."

"So then our agreement is only temporary...Sorry, Mū never clarified things to me so I thought you wanted to start a career, but if you're only in it for this particular tournament then I suppose it's for the best."

If only she knew my true intentions. I still didn't trust her, even less now that I found out she was married this whole time and hid it from me. I never even saw a ring on her finger.

We shook her hands and she grabbed her purse so she could leave.

"Aren't you going to finish your coffee?" I asked her.

"I have an appointment, I'm afraid I can't stay for coffee..." She chuckled dryly, and then I walked her to the door. "See you on Friday."

"Sure..." I uttered and closed the door behind her. I clenched my fists.

Nisan was a married woman and I wasn't going to do anything about especially since she clearly didn't want me to. From now I will forget about her and my mate and focus on my goal.

I will avenge my mother.