Chapter 2

Ryder's POV

"BAKIT ang tagal mo sa loob?" Rex asked me.

"You were rude to Aiden, Rex, you shouldn't have done that, especially that we're in public. It's a good thing that we're the only people there, because if not that would be so embarrassing," I replied.

"May point si Ryder." Pagsang-ayon ni Apollo.

"Fine fine. I apologize, but believe me..." Rex paused. "One more dick move that I hear from that guy, gugulpihin ko talaga siya."

"I'm pretty sure he's not a bad guy, Rex," I opposed her.

"I'm not saying he's a bad guy either..." Rex paused, crossed her arms and added, "all I'm saying is that there is a possibility that he'll just end up hurting you, and out of all things, that's one of the things I don't want to happen to my best friend."

Natahimik ako... What Rex said, was actually true. There really is a chance that I'll just get hurt, pero hindi ba parte naman iyon kapag nagkagusto ka sa isang tao?

That, falling for someone, you have to accept the irony of feeling the most ecstatic feeling while falling, and acknowledging the feeling of crashing when its over, only when you both stand hand in hand, that crash would actually feel so better.

"We have no idea what that guy really is, so the best thing for us to do, is to stay away and distance ourselves from him, got it?" Apollo asked.

Rex and I nodded in unison.

"You sound like your brother," Rex said.

"He is my brother, so basically that's possible." Natawa si Apollo sa sarili nitong sagot, making Rex and I laugh at the same time.

Afterwards, we chose to head home and rest, now that orientation is over, we'll be starting our classes on Monday. For some reason, my hands feel so tempted on texting Aiden, but there is an echo in my mind that hears Rex and Apollo's voice.

"ANO, napakalikot mong bata ka! Ako ang nahihilo sa'yo, bakit ba hindi ka mapakali?" Manang asked me.

"May iniisip lang po," sagot ko naman sa kaniya. Pagkatapos no'n ay nginitian ko siya.

"Kung ano man iyang iniisip mo, mabuting sundin mo na kaagad sinasabi ng puso mo. Para kang kiti-kiting inasinan d'yan sa sala." Payo ng matanda habang naglilinis sa may kusina.

Napabuntonghininga ako bago kunin sa aking bulsa ang binigay na piraso ng papel ni Aiden. Why would this guy even want to talk to me?

I'm pretty sure what happened was just a one time thing, right?

Binalewala ko ang nasa isip, and immediately I opened my phone, started typing his number on the upper side of the phone that asks for the recipient's number. Then, I typed, 'hey. it's ryder.'

I hit sent.

Only then did I realize that I probably made a mistake when Aiden immediately replied with the cringe-st reply I could have ever received my whole life.

See how our conversation went...

Aiden

na-miss mo 'ko?

You
you know you're weird, right?

why would i miss you?

Aiden

because you like me? and probably you liked how we kissed last night?