Chapter 7

Ryder's POV

THE NIGHT is still young, the three of us are spending it eating and watching movies while we're talking about our first impressions sa aming mga teachers this year, some of them, we're already familiar with as they are known for being terrors. I've been waiting for Rex to spill her tea, but she insisted that she'll show it when the time is perfect, so patiently I waited dahil alam kong hindi magpapatinag ang bitchesa na iyon.

Habang nanonood kami, I check my phone and it's already nearing 11 o'clock at night, sunod-sunod ang pag-vibrate ng telepono ko after receiving numerous messages from Aiden. Gayunpaman, hindi ko ito pinansin, dahil hindi ko rin naman alam kung paano siya rereply-an.

Nang mapansin ni Rex ang ginagawa ko, she asked me. "Hindi ka mapakali dahil sa kaniya, am I right?"

Tumango ako, "I don't know, something about this just doesn't feel right, Rex," sagot ko sa kaniya.

Apollo then immediately paused the tv and turned his attention to both me and Rex. "What do you mean?" Apollo asked.

"I don't know," panimula ko... "Pakiramdam ko talaga there's something between me and Aiden. Don't get me wrong, hindi ako nag-a-assume but everything about that night just felt so real. I know he's into me, he wouldn't do all of those things kung hindi niya ako gusto," pagtatapos ko.

From that moment, my tears started falling out of my eyes. "I like him. Gusto ko siya, I know I may be overreacting dahil sa sobrang bilis, but there's something about him... there's something about him that keeps me close."

From what I said, memories from the midnight that we spent recalled in my head. It came flashing in my head, I was over my own head nang maalala ko lahat ng nangyari nang gabing iyon.

Aiden was holding my hand habang naglalakad kaming dalawa, he was glancing at me moment for moment.

"I didn't realize someone like you could be this cute," saad ko kay Aiden.

"I don't take myself as cute..." Aiden said, "Probably this is just a side of me that only you get to see," he finished.

I chuckled, "And I did not expect you to be so cringe."

Aiden let out a laugh, "Again, it's a side only you get to see."

"Ewan ko sa'yo, tara na lang, I badly want coffee."

The two of us continued our way to the coffee shop, and when we reached the shop, we had our short conversations. We talked casually like we've already known each other for a very long time. For a moment, he was by the counter while I was sitting on a chair waiting for my coffee.

Until, he walked towards me and took out his phone from his pockets. He played NIKI's song, "I Like U".

Aiden then offered his hand to me, and with all my heart I took his hand. With only the two of us in the room, chairs already stacked on the table, warm yellow lights, we danced the night away. His hands was on my waist, gently I crawled my hands around his neck, step by step we swayed the room and he turned me around.

Moments passed when he pulled me close and rested his chin over my shoulders. His arms now tightly wrapped against my waist... he was already hugging me.

Aiden whispered to my ear, "Whatever happens. I want you to know how much my heart beats for you."

He took my hand from the back of his next and placed it on his chest. "Listen to how much my heart beats for you, baby."

With one of his hand, he raised my chin and pressed his lips against mine. Lips to lips... tongue to tongue, we exchanged passionate kisses as the scent of coffee beans started to get tougher in the room.