Chapter 4

Aiden's POV

RYDER and I called it a night. Nang maihatid ko siya sa kanilang bahay, I immediately went to our house and as expected... there was a very loud deafening silence that invaded my eardrums, of course... why else would I want to stay here... I'm all alone.

Not that I'm lonely, it's just that I really live alone. I don't let anyone in school know about my personal life. Technically, that's why it is called personal, to insert the idea of privacy.

My mom and dad already have their own lives; and the funny thing is that, I'll never get the chance to be with my siblings... as of the moment, the chances is clearly low. Si mama, she's settling in Seattle with her new family, with my younger brother, Sean Akiro, he's 11 years old. On the other hand, my youngest sister is now with my father who lives in Tokyo with our grandparents, my sister's name is Sam Alliyah, she's 9 years old.

Now that they're living their own separate lives, I chose to stay here and be independent. I'm glad na pinadadalhan nila ako ng pera, because after all... I am their responsibility. The truth is, both my parents offered me to stay with them, but I can't bear to pick sides, kaya naman mas pinili ko na lang na matutong mangapa at mamuhay nang mag-isa.

My choice had its own consequence, of course...

Nanatili ako sa bahay namin, gayunpaman hindi ko maramdaman na isa itong tahanan, lalo na at ito ang bahay kung saan minsan naging makulay ang pamilya namin. This should have been a home, but now... it only feels like a house, where I choose to stay, and survive.

Malaki itong bahay namin! It has 4 rooms, and a guest room, two floors, a garage, and a garden... but it feels so empty...

Malungkot isipin, kaya iniwasan kong muling damdamin ang nakaraan, kaya naman kaagad akong pumunta sa aking silid upang magpahinga. In a few seconds, I felt myself falling into oblivion, and dreamt of nothing but the things that could've been.

THE SUN came barging into my window... mag-uumaga na kaagad? I checked my alarm on my side table, it's 5:26 am.

Huminga ako nang malalim bago bumangon, my first class starts at 7:30, kaya kailangan ko nang mag-ayos. However, I took my phone and checked if there's any notification from Ryder. Nang makita kong wala, kaagad kong naisip ay baka tulog pa ito, lalo na at parehas kaming puyat.

I sent him a message, 'Good morning! See you at school!'

That made me smile. Although the very same smile disappeared when I receive a message from Faye...

'Go to school early... pupunta parents ko, I need back up.'

Nagtama ang kilay ko. What does she need this time? I asked myself.

'The deal is already off. Tapos na pagpapanggap natin, please let me go.'

Napabuntonghininga ako. Faye and I have been pretending to be a couple for the sake of her parents, because she always gets in trouble because of a girl, and she can't get caught... that's why, she wants me to pretend I'm hers.

'Last na 'to, promise. Just back me up on this one.'

I read her message and sighed. I just hope that, any of Ryder's friend doesn't find this one out, lalong-lalo na si Rex, dahil paniguradong hindi ako makakalapit lalo kay Ryder...

I prepared my stuff, did my morning rituals and went to school early like how Faye asked me. And when I was already there, the funny thing is that inaabangan ako ni Faye sa gate.

"Come on, bilisan mo, we need to go to the principal office." Hinila ni Faye ang braso ko.

While she was pulling me on our way to the principal office, laking-gulat ko nang makita ko si Rex na nakasandal sa poste sa tapat mismo ng principal's office.