Chapter 6

Aiden's POV

PAGKATAPOS ng nangyaring alitan sa amin ni Rex ay kaagad akong pumunta sa clinic para patignan kung ayos lang ba ang kamay ko, dahil paniguradong mayroong nabali si Rex, o 'di kaya naman masyado lang akong nag-iisip. Gayunpaman, hindi ko maitatanggi na sadyang sobrang sakit talaga.

When I arrived there, I immediately asked the nurse to check it, and she attended as first aid. Habang naghihintay akong matapos ito, the nurse asked me, "Ano bang nangyari sa iyong bata ka? Para pinigang damit 'tong kamay mo. I'm sure there's no bone that's been broken, pero mamamaga 'to," pahayag nito.

I chuckled and spoke in the back of my mind. I'm highly aware, ma'am.

"Ayos lang po, what matters to me is that no bone is harmed," tugon ko naman sa nurse.

When she's done, she said, "Oh siya sige, patapos pa lang naman ang recess, mabuting bumalik ka na sa classroom mo. Kung ayaw mo naman, you can call your parent or guardian para makauwi ka at makapagpahinga."

Tumango-tango ako, "P'wede po bang dito muna ako magpahinga?" tanong ko.

"Nako, 'nak, hindi kasi p'wede manatili rito not unless mayroong reason. With your situation naman, ayos ka na, kaya hindi na p'wedeng magtagal ka rito," sagot ng nurse.

Muli akong tumango, "Sige po. Maraming salamat po." I stood up from the chair and was about to leave the room, until Faye started barging in inside the clinic.

"Oh my god, Aiden! What the heck happened to you? I heard who did this, but God! I didn't expect her to cause this!" Tukoy ni Faye sa kamay kong nakabenda.

"Does it hurt?" tanong niya.

Mahina akong natawa. "It's not severe, it just hurt. Hindi ko lang mabuka ng ayos, and there are some scratches kasi binaon pala ni Rex daliri niya sa akin. I just didn't notice maybe," tugon ko.

"My God! If only her mother isn't the principal matagal ko nang naisumbong lahat ng mga kagagahan na ginagawa niya! I'm pretty sure her mother knows everything about it but still tolerates her actions—" Faye still has something to say but I interjected.

"Stop it, Faye. She did what she did, and it's valid. I hurt her friend's feelings, and I understand why she's done it. Now, the way for me to avoid getting into more trouble is for us to stop what we're doing," saad ko.

Pagkatapos no'n, nakiusap ako, "Faye, please, I'm asking you to stop whatever it is we're doing. It's getting out of hand and we're just faking it, either way people will find out."

Umiwas ng tingin sa akin si Faye, pagkatapos ay lumabas ito ng clinic. Kaagad ko siyang sinundan upang malaman kung saan ito pupunta. Tinawag ko siya, "Hey, Faye, did you even listen to a word I said?"

She stopped walking and turned her face to me. "I need you, Aiden. Kailangan kita. The principal is going to visit our house tonight, that's why I came looking for you, kaagad akong pumunta para hanapin ka kasi kailangan kasama kita roon..."

"And Rex is going to be there..." pagtatapos ni Faye.

"Faye, hindi p'wede. I can't risk that happening, paano naman ako? Are you even considering what I said, or you just happen to be selfish?" I replied, trying to stay calm after everything I found out.

"Please, Aiden, huling-huling pakiusap ko na 'to. Earlier was... I promise! Supposedly it was the last, until my parents decided to invite the principal rather than them... visiting the school dahil mas nakakahiya raw iyon," paliwanag ni Faye.

Napayuko ako, I had no idea how am I going to respond. All I know, the words that came out my mouth was... "Ayaw ko."

"Ayaw mo?" Faye asked me, and then she let out a scoff. "Subukan mo, and I will... surely let everyone know about your secrets. I'm pretty sure you kept your name safe, and I know you want to keep it that way."