Chapter 7 (Izumi) - UA Entrance Exam

Izumi was curled up on the couch. She stared blankly at the TV as the news played across the screen. She could hear her mother cooking in the background. Izumi looked down at the sowing needle in her hand. She grabbed her... brother's hoodie. She continued to halfheartedly down up her brother's old hoodie.

Next to the teenage girl was many of her brother's clothes. Each and every single rip or tear in the clothes were patched and in perfect condition. She had finally found a way to say sorry. She tried not to think of the case going cold, or the small section in the living room that was a memorial of him. She tried hard to never say his name.

She ignored Katsuki anytime she saw him. He returned the favor just fine. She even stopped saying her own name in her mind, the similarities were just too close.

She knew it was her fault. After all. Every time she trained, quirk or not, his face appeared in her mind. The words spilled around her mind. After years of, torture... she finally could feel his own pain. Maybe it was the twin feeling between the two but she continued to ignore everything about him. If she acts like she doesn't even have a brother maybe the grief would lessen? Would the guilt go away?

She trudged to the entrance of UA, her own brain was foggy with pain. Then she noticed her face going straight into the ground. Her brain was so focused on the own self torturing thoughts she didn't even notice the pebble. Suddenly she felt the brush of figures on her back, she was now just floating above the air.

She scrambled to try and get up in zero gravity, but of course it didn't work until the girl with rosy pink cheeks and short brown hair tapped her fingers together like she was about to dive. This caused Izumi to land on her butt, the brown hair girl reached out her hand to help her up. "Don't want you to fall on the entrance exam! That's just bad luck!" The girl exclaimed cheerfully.

He would probably be best friends with such a cheerful girl. "Thanks," Izumi muttered as she grabbed the girl's hand. "No problem! Wanna walk with me to the entrance exam?" "Sure," Izumi titled her head away, afraid she would come blind by the happiness radiating off of the girl.

"My name is Ochaco Uraraka, but just call me Ochaco!" "I'm, uh Izumi Yagi." "That's a lovely name! What's your quirk? Mine is whatever I touch gets zero gravity!" "I have telekinesis, I can control anything in a 200 meter radius." "That's cool!" She clapped her hands together smiling brightly up at Izumi.

They walked into the large blue dome. It was twice the size of Izumi's old school. She whistled under her breath. "I know, this is huge!" Ochaco stared at the large building. Izumi snapped out of her daze, she waved at Ochaco as she walked to het own seat in the labyrinth of the giant building. Eventually finding it and sitting down. She listened to some of the conversations around her but wasn't paying that much attention.

She nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard the sound of someone yelling. She snapped her attention to the weird guy on the stage below them. Everyone was silent, Izumi just looked around confused. The teacher seemed slightly defeated before going back into a super energetic personality. He went over everything they were going to do.

A written exam and then the one where we get to use our quirks. She sighed before picking up her school/gym back. She slipped it over her shoulder as she got up to move to the place where they would take the written exam.

Izumi was stretching in peace after finishing the written exam. Her green hair was tied into a long ponytail. She sighed looking over at the other contestants.

There was one with blue hair and glasses that kept on yelling at everyone. She decided that she would take extra care to not bother the boy. She started to notice how kids were gathering around the entrance of this big gate.

She walked forward to join the group of kids. Then a count down started that caused the kids to get even more riled up and then once the count ended the gate opened making a wave full of kids to run into a city like area.

Alright, just gotta rewire some robots. Izumi shot out into the group of kids. She darted around quickly taking down as many robots as she could with the will of her mind. It was like they had thin spider strings attached to them. She could reach out and grab those strings and puppeteer them how she wished.

She would tug string after string but more would just appear in their place. It was like she was fighting with the hydra. Until she saw a thicker string appear along with a scream. She pulled at her own string to allow her to fly over towards the scream.

A huge robot was just about to crush Ochaco! She dashed over towards her new friend. "Ochaco! Are you okay?" "No, I think I hurt my leg!" She yelled back. Izumi looked between her and the robot towering over top of them. It was best to get Ochaco out more than the points the robot would give her. Although she did have the power of one for all.

He would do it. She turned around and grabbed the invisible, thick string that was connected to the robot. She gave it a huge mental heave, but not on the robot, on the screws that held the robot together. She turned around and grabbed Ochaco to get her to safety.

After the whole hassle and saying goodbye to Ochaco after Recovery Girl, an old lady who was the nurse of the school, gave them a kiss that drained their energy but healed their wounds which were just crashes and bruises. Along with Ochaco's sprained ankle.

She was now walking back home when she heard the stomping and the explosion of a familiar boy. "Izumi." He said coldly. Instead of his usual loud and angry demeanor, he was now quiet with seething rage just nearly hidden underneath.

"Hey, Katsuki. What do you want." Izumi stopped. He sighed. She turned around so they were face to face. Her fingers tightened around her satchel. "I don't want to fight." She said clearly. He nodded. She gritted her teeth, "why won't you say anything! You just said my name and that's it." Her knuckles were turning white.

"I just, don't know how to say it really." He glanced down letting out another tired sigh. She looked down as well. "It hurts having him gone doesn't it?" She paused looking up at the blonde haired boy. "It's like entering this school is both exactly what he wants but we don't deserve it." "Yeah." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. Running his fingers through his hair! He never did that. He never calmed, or tried to, his spiky hair that resembled his explosions.

"That was exactly what I was thinking. But maybe if we really try, then we'll make it up to him and prove ourselves worth it." She nodded, tuning around back to the path to her house. "See you in school." "See you in school." He repeated as they both left.

(1259 words)

_________________________________________
My shoulder hurts, I'm gonna die! Mourn meeeeeeee!- A