Chapter 11 - Secrets

I was humming happily to myself as I set up and fixed a bit of the wall of the warehouse. I'd originally thought of moving to a cheap apartment, but the warehouse just kind of stuck. Everyone was really enjoying it. And the junk we found we used to create into tools. Like our staff and grapple hook.

We were making a few other things along with buying some zip ties from the one lady at the gas station a bit away. She always allowed him to get a dozen for 100 yen. I'm basically stealing from her. Thinking back to that night the two have been really silent since then.

I stepped back to examine my current work on the wall. It had stormed pretty bad last night and the wall had nearly caved in.

I was now patching it up a bit so my stuff won't get wet. I had a little pile of blankets and pillows that I bought with some of the extra earnings that I got from the cafe.

It was actually nice to not have to pay taxes or rent a fee. Just had to be cautious of pro heroes or police. Really I just wished that my case would have already gone cold. I walked back over to a couple of my pillows. I was looking at one of my pillows that actually had a case. I made sure I had gotten gray just like a couple of the blankets that I found, the others were brown but that's just from dirt. I actually found that I didn't really mind the dirt.

There had been a couple times when I got bored at the very beginning where I had gone out into a close by Forest and just curled up and slept on top of the tree branches. But my back would have been killing me for much longer after that case. But anyways, in the gray pillow case was a couple of the saved money.

I couldn't exactly go to a bank to store my money. Then all around me was organized trash and a couple of boxes that I found where I'd stash some of the spare parts in. I had stolen a sharpie from the cafe a while back just so I could mark down the labels of each and everything. Although I did have a certain pile of trash in the corner of the warehouse where I stored my vigilante outfit and tools.

A bunch of the other junk would probably throw anybody off. And it just looks so disgusting that nobody would probably even want to touch it with their cleanness. I simply rolled my eyes. I glanced around at the rest of the warehouse.

I had a computer, if you can even consider it as such. It was made of scrap and some pieces that I bought from the store nearby. And actually functioned quite nicely. But the phone that I was given by my boss ran quite faster. And of course I had that radio that I bought with some of my other spare earnings.

I even decided at one point the splurge and grabbed wireless earbuds. They had a little thing that would curl around my ear so they would stay in place. It was nice when I was out on the drop I could still listen to the radio or even music without having it fall out or getting cuts or broken.

I would say within the warehouse my life was going pretty okay. But now I just have to squeeze information out of these two. I focused inside my brain to see the two looking away or into the Oblivion. Anywhere but me.

"Come on I know something is up. And what about you guys saying gods? You can't just drop a bomb on me and then ignore me!" I started to yell out loud. It was safe to talk out loud in the warehouse. It actually felt more comfortable for all of them.

"Alright fine, we may be gods."

"Yin!"

"I said 'may be'!"

"I'm going to take that as a yes."

"Yes, we are gods and there are many more scattered around earth."

"Yeah, we are the two prominent gods in Japan."

"Or the only other gods out of America."

"The only two other gods outside of America? Why?"

"Well the Egypt and Greek gods along with their Roman counterparts live in America."

"The rest of us are scattered throughout the world in the remains of our once worshipped land."

"Interesting, also how were you able to do that? Like becoming illusions."

"Simple, it is one of our powers."

"Do we have more?"

"Yes,"

"It has been awhile so we aren't sure what they are..."

"So you will randomly activate your godly powers when required in battle."

"Yes."

"And it isn't considered quirks!"

'So I'm sharing a body with some gods. That's great!' I dragged my hand down my face. The two went quiet again, probably because they don't want me to react badly to this. I traded down and started to fiddle with the moon necklace. I have been having to put it underneath my outfit when I go out to patrol. I just couldn't bring myself to remove it.

I got up from my sitting position. The warehouse should be fine for a while. It has been awhile since I went down to that beach filled with junk. I couldn't remember the name, but oh well.

Ending the day with grabbing some junk and moving others was nice. It had been awhile since I worked on my physical strength. I found a couple of junk that caused Yang to perk up. He loved anything to do with tech. Even for an old God. Yin just kept blabbering about their life as gods and when they found him. I just tuned her out. There was enough information for me today.

(1007 words)
Not edited
_________________________________________
Sorry this one is a bit shorter than the others. 😞
Also, what do you guys think of their talk? Or how their are gods all over the world? - A.