Chapter 9 - Robber

I sighed subconsciously fiddling with the hair tie wrapped around my wrist. We are wearing long, comfy sleeve shirts. It was quite hard to resist the urge to fall asleep. I could still hear Yin and Yang quietly scolding me from the body.

They were both taking turns or using the body together with me just vibing as they moved in and out. But ever since, then, they always invited me to sleep for extra hours cutting into vigilante patrols.

I leaned against the counter. I just couldn't sit still. Then the bell rang. Yang snapped into the body. "What can I-" he was about to finish speaking when a gun was pointed into their face. "Get on the ground!"

Suck my d-

Yin! Yang hissed inside their mind.

Thankfully my self control is lovely. I simply laid on the ground as they grabbed the cash from the machine. Their friends were pointing guns at the others.

I figured it was best to just lay on the ground like a normal civilian. After all there was probably a pro hero on their way to the cafe right now because it was a hot spot for some of the nightly pro heroes. That's when I noticed something about the civilian. They looked familiar to me. Hey, wait! That's the same guy I saw the other day when I came out of the cafe.

Interesting, I knew he was familiar.

But he can still suck my-

Yin!

I rolled my eyes so as not to make a sound. "Hey what's going on out here?" A bang sounded through the restaurant as another one of the guys picked up a little girl from one of the tables trying to rush her outside.

I grit my teeth. It was way too early for this bs. Yang and Yin springed into action, along with myself. We move as one like we always do when situations get tough. We grabbed a knife that we use from cutting up some food for the smaller guests that come by. With a flick of our wrists we send it straight into the man's shoulder. He let out a shout of pain falling to the ground, well more on the door and alerting people outside to their situation.

Good, a pro hero will get here soon. Yang whispered, even though he had no reason to.

For now let's kick a bad guy butt! Yin was practically jumping in joy.

I was quick to grab another knife. I had to do something about the people with the guns. They were still frozen in shock, with my own boss crippled on the ground and no one else being able to call the cops or any pro heroes.

The boss, or who I assumed to be the boss because he was doing the talking, was the first to regain his posture. He turned around and shot the gun at us twice. Yin tried to get used to moving out of the way,but instead we got one bullet in the arm and the other on our abdomen.

Thankfully it wasn't the arm with the knife that was injured. I reached out and quickly knocked the gun away from him. It was best not to grab the gun because he probably only had two bullets anyway. 'I mean come on, it is barely seven in the morning!'

The light is shining!

Some people.

Grabbing his arm that was stretched out that used to have a gun in it, I placed one foot on the shelf inside the counter. I threw him over my shoulder before dashing forward when he was so heavy he would have flattened me like a pancake. Yes, funny and happy thoughts!

One person grabbed a hostage close by, cocking the gun and placing it on the person's temple. "Wrong move buddy." Yin growled through my own mouth. We took a slide, taking out their feet and saving the person they had hostage. Three down, two to go.

Man, what's with all of the 't's?

'Not helping.'

I looked back over to the two in the middle of the store. They were surprisingly easy to get through. Maybe new to the whole, let's be a criminal, thing. They were quite easy to take off. Just walking up to them and they were running.

I looked around to see if everyone was okay. The one kid that I saved asked a question. "How did you take the bad guys down?" "Umm." I looked over to the girl's parents. "My parents taught me self defense in case anything ever happened! I never knew it could come in handy!" A small white lie that caused the girl to laugh, but then ask her parents if she could learn "self defensie". I thought the little '-ie' at the end sounded adorable.

I then quickly walked over to my boss, a couple of the other hostages had run over to her to help out. And with the seven I made they were too focused on me to pay attention to the woman on the ground. "Hey, can you come help?!" One yelled over to me. I quickly nodded before getting down on my knees.

"How can I help?" One of the ladies responded. "I'm a nurse in the ER. Just grab some sort of cloth that is clean to put pressure on the wound, heroes should be coming soon." She mumbled the last under her breath. I got up and rushed dover to grab some napkins. I handed them over to the nurse who nodded back.

I watched the way she cared for the gun shot wound. It could come in handy. The lady looked back up at me. "You got shot too, you need to lay down. We can slow down the bleeding." "No, no, no." I interjected. "I'm fine, he mostly missed me." Another lie. She looked at me before sighing and looking back down at my boss.

"What's her name?" "Akari Keitoku." I responded, I winced when I realized I talked for the majority of this interaction. I couldn't help but start to fiddle and fix my clothes.

"What's your name?" "M- Yoshi Hara." "Alright Hara. Listen. It's gonna be okay. You have done more than enough." I nodded before sinking to my feet, I pushed my back against the side of the counter. I curled up my knees against my chest and rested my head on my knees. Yang's white hair fell into my eyes. Well, his red eyes.

I could barely hear the pro heroes enter the cafe. They took the count of everyone, I think. I was too focused on the two burning pains in my body. I was really looking forward to patrol night.

(1126 words)
Not edited