Chapter 10 - Illusions

I stretched out my sore muscles. I was currently standing at the top of a huge building with Yin in semi control over the body. She was tuning into the sounds of the people moving around us. She was alert and ready for any possible crime.

I was listening to a radio I just bought. It helped us in knowing what places to stay away from. After all the more police and heroes the more chance of getting caught. Then I heard my name, well vigilant name being mentioned on the radio.

"-Vigilante Miyo, ever since joining the world of crime in the more suburban parts of town, has decreased the crime rate by 11%! This is causing him to gain a huge reputation with the public. In fact now more people in the less frequently patrolled areas look for the vigilante instead of any pro hero! Back to some other-" I tuned him out. 11%.

"D-DD-ang." Yin said out loud causing the word to glitch.

'Yeep.' I responded but in my mind.

Criminals are going to be more likely for caution around us.

'Yes I understand that too.' I responded. I finished up a couple more stretches before Yin alerted me to action in a couple allies over. 'You know what it is?'

Not really, but let's find out.

We quickly jumped off of the roof. I activated the grappling hook. I kind of got the idea from watching spider-man. My sister loved that show, even though it was from america or something along those lines. But I mean, the guy was funny and his swings were kind of cool.

Eventually I unlatched the grappling hook to roll into the alley that Yin had mentioned. I quickly got up and Yin had us in a fighting position. I scanned all over the alley but nobody was there. We straightened up and walked around wondering where the heck, or what the heck happened. I tilted my head to the swing to see if I could hear anything better.

Not really.

I took out my grappling hook again, I was aiming it when I heard a scream. I looked over towards the scream letting go of the trigger on the grappling hook. This caused the grapple to shoot out and break through a window tying itself around something.

"Wait, no!" I shot through the air while Yin crackled with laughter. I brace myself for the impact as glass shattered along my body. I quickly dropped down into a roll landing in the middle of a. Group of people?

"Shit! It's the vigilante." "Crap!" Another guy screamed. "What are you doing don't just stand there do something!" I had just walked into some sort of organization. I have excellent luck.

Well not really after all we are not at all prepared.

But at the same time, yay, found some guys!

A group of people, probably in the lesser parts of the organization, started running up towards me. I let my body relax and Yin take over. She whooped in delight. She grabbed a stick from our belt of lovely gadgets. She clicked a button on it causing it to fully extend.

She then immediately started to use the stick to take out and knock out enemies, while not causing too much damage. We couldn't exactly zip tie them to anything so we had to fully knock them out. But just more and more kept on coming no matter where we swung the staff, or even sweep out legs to take out some of the stupider members, they kept on coming.

You don't even have a plan.

'True, true true.'

Well, any last minute ideas?

'Not really.' Another bang rose out as a stabbing sensation appeared in their leg. Great, just another bullet wound to have to deal with. The other two were still healing. But yet no rest for the wicked! As Yin had said.