Chapter 298 - 299

Chapter 298 Family reunion [1st update]

When passing by the entrance of the state-owned hotel, Shen Xingdu asked Zhen Shuai for money and food stamps to buy four drawers of steamed buns and two bowls of vermicelli and minced pork soup. He paid a deposit of one yuan and asked the waiter to pack the xiaolongbao and vermicelli minced pork soup in bowls and plates.

There is no take-out service in state-owned restaurants. You can take it away if you want, but you have to use your own bowl. But Shen Xingdu was good-looking and paid the deposit. The waitress helped him pack the bags without saying a word. She thought the vermicelli soup was a little hot and could not be served with her hands. She also found a small basket for Shen Xingdu, which was just right for him. Soup is placed inside.

Shen Xingdu only said two words "thank you", and the waiter blushed and couldn't help but want to say a few more words, but the waiter had already left.

Although it is a sunny day today and the winter weather is high, the cold wind is howling and it is still very cold. When Zhen Shuai saw that he had bought hot and fragrant soup, he was in a good mood and his eyes were shining. He picked up the bowl and took a sip. His stomach immediately felt warm and his body warmed up.

He knew that Shen Xingdu was not used to eating on the side of the road, so he pushed the person to a corner, looked around and no one was paying attention, brought the soup to his mouth, and whispered: "Quick, take a few sips." Shen Xingdu obeyed and used the soup.

He took a spoonful of it and stopped drinking, "You drink."

Zhen Shuai knew that he was still not used to it, so he didn't force him. He held the bowl and drank slowly while walking towards the supply and marketing cooperative.

After a while, they saw a long queue in front of the supply and marketing cooperative from a distance. There were elderly men and women in the queue, as well as housewives, and children who were helping their parents line up... holding all kinds of things, beaming with joy, talking and laughing. There were also younger children who came to join in the fun, jumping around in the crowd, quite happy, but their eyes kept drifting to the supply and marketing cooperative, wishing that their parents would buy meat immediately and go home to stew it.

When they saw the people who had already bought the meat coming out carrying it, adults and children alike were both envious and anxious. Not to mention the children are greedy, the adults are also greedy. The monthly meat supply is only a little, which is not enough to fill the gap between teeth. It is easy to buy more when there is a chance, but we are just waiting to satisfy our greed.

Zhen Shuai had sharp eyes and quickly spotted Zhen Liqiang.

Zhen Liqiang was wearing a military coat that Zhen Shuai specially prepared for him, which would be the envy of many people in this era, and a thick winter hat. He was talking to two middle-aged men of the same age as him who were lined up next to him. The three of them From time to time there was a burst of laughter.

Seeing that he looked good, Zhen Shuai showed a smile on his face and walked over quickly.

"Dad!"

Shen Xingdu walked slowly beside Zhen Shuai.

When Zhen Liqiang heard a familiar voice, he turned his head suddenly, "Shuai Shuai! Xingdu, are you back?"

Shen Xingdu also called "Dad" very naturally.

"I'm back! Okay, okay!" Zhen Liqiang put the basket in his hand on the ground and patted Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu on the shoulders happily.

The appearance of two equally handsome young men caused quite a stir. The eldest girl and the young daughter-in-law could not help but secretly look at the two of them. The elderly aunts and old ladies didn't care at all. They just looked away and pointed in wonder. Some of the more thoughtful ones even secretly pondered in their hearts what these two handsome children looked like. It's quite suitable for his daughter, granddaughter, niece or something...