cuddles

"What? What is it?" She laid down on her back and I followed. I laid down on my side, facing her. "You know I told you something about Skye you might... find disgusting?" I nodded. "Well... I'm part of that" I looked at her, confused as hell. "We... fuck how do I explain this." She was thinking for a second. "We're... friends with benefits.." My eyes widened. "Oh... oh! Oh wait! Wait... what? No... really?" I really didn't expect that to be the thing she hid from me. She looked at me with a smile and proceeded to explain. "You know... Okay first of all, if you tell ANYONE this -even your mother- I will kill you!" "Okay, okay!"

"Has Skye told you they're hypersexual?" "Nnnnno..." "Okay well... they are. Now, you know Skye's struggling with a lot of shit. And... one of the... better coping meganisms to deal with stress is... sex." I listened carefully. "We knew each other for maybe a year before... we started to become real close." "Are you like a couple?" She shook her head. "No, not at all! We just... need a little stress reliever every now and then." I nodded. "It doesn't happen that often... but it happens, you know. I don't know why, but I felt like you had the right to know." "No, I understand. Damn... I didn't expect that from you though!" I jokingly pushed her a bit, grinning. "I meaaaan... They can be kinda hot. And like I said, great stress reliever PLUS it makes it so you feel loved, wanted." "Oooh yea I get it." Alex looked to the ceiling. "And Skye... really needs that." "Love?" She nodded. "That's another thing. Sometimes, I stay over at their place. We cuddle a lot, definitly at night. They literally stick to me like glue. That's why I was actually kinda surprised they didn't fullon hug you when you slept over at their place." "I mean... they were glued against me." "I know, but they move a lot in their sleep and often manage to sneak their arms around you." I chuckled. "That's kinda adorable." She smiled. "Skye can be adorable."

I was thinking for a while. I knew Skye and Alexis were close but I never expected them to be this close. It was cute... not the... friends with benefits part... but the snuggling part. It made me think of that day when Skye wanted to chug those pills. The way they held me when they cried... They need love and they cherish every single bit they get. I remembered that for the next, best time.

"I know you're a cuddly person, Jamie. You don't have to be scared to ask them for a hug if you want. Or me!" She smiled at me. "Wouldn't it be awkward though..." "Maybe a little... But it'll be fine. Trust me, when Skye opens up to you completely, they... well... are a fucking mess but they can be so sweet." I smiled and continued thinking. We talked a bit after that but shortly after, we went to sleep. I heard Alex's breath slow down as I was still thinking. That last picture of Skye was stuck in my head. You're nuts... You just think they look good, that's all... oh fuck...

I fell asleep after some sinking in thoughts. For some reason, I really wanted to give Skye a hug. But I wasn't gona see them the next day. They should have classes but they didn't line up with ours. The only class that did allow time to see eachother was the class they took from home, online. I also couldn't ask them to hang out in the weekends, that'd just be awkward. I still don't know them that well...

Alexis POV:

I woke up before Jamie. I decided to let her sleep a bit, it was 7 in the morning and honestly, I had no idea how I was awake myself, I didn't have classes in the morning anyways. I was thinking when I was making my coffee. I swear if Jamie has something for Skye, I'm gona go nuts. I chuckled to myself. There's no way that bitch is 100% straight. The way she stared yesterday, naaah! I really wanted to share this with Skye but I kept it a secret between us for the best. I didn't want to force anything, but god was it kinda adorable. I already knew Skye might have a crush on Jamie. If Jamie had a crush on them back, that'd be a win.

I suddenly remembered something. There was a party the next day which I really wanted to go to. I texted Skye, assuming they're still sleeping but... anyways.

Alexis: Skye!!
Alexis: Wana go to the party tomorow?

As expected, there was no answer. About an hour later, Jamie got up as well. I instantly asked her the same question. "You going to the party tomorow?" "W...wah..." Jamie was clearly just awake. "There's a party tomorow, wana come?" "I... sure man..." We did some random things in the morning, already thinking about what we should wear to the party. At around 10, Skye replied.

Skye: Party?
Alexis: Yeah, in a bar near school. It's gona be fun!
Skye: I don't know, Alex.
Alexis: Jamie's comin.
Skye: ...
Alexis: You comin?
Skye: Fine...

I thought it was funny. The way Skye wasn't interested at all until they heard the name Jamie.

Alexis: Shouldn't you be in class?
Skye: I am, doesn't mean I cant be on my phone.
Alexis: I see, I see.

"Who you texting?" Jamie asked curious. "Skye, they're going to the party as well" I smiled. "Oh really?" I nodded. "It's gona be fun." I could see in Jamie's eyes that she was still thinking about yesterday. Was it the pictures? Was it the friends with benefits thing? Who knows? We did some random stuff to change her mind until she had to leave for class. I walked to school with her, I had nothing to do anyways. Other than homework ofcourse. My classes started an hour after Jamie's so I could easily just stay on campus and do some work there.

When Jamie went to class, I saw Skye appear. I walked up to them and gave them a hug. "Hey bud! How's it going?" "I'm fine, Alex. How about you." "I'm doing great." We sat down and talked a bit. Like always, Skye was tired. "When's your next class?" "In 15 minutes." I nodded as they rested their head on my shoulder. "How's Jamie?" They asked, quietly. "How about you ask her that yourself?" I smiled at them. "I'm not gona see her today and it's awkward." "Why..." "I don't think she likes me." I gave them a weird look. "What... stop looking at me like that!" Skye pushed me a little as a joke. "I don't think she hates you, though. Talk to her." "About what?" I thought for a moment. Skye had a point, they didn't have a lot in common... like, at all. "Can you help eachother with school or something?" They shot up. "Ooh! Astrology!" I smiled at them. "Well there you go."

We sat there for a while and talked a bit about some nonsense before they had to leave again.

They'd be a fun duo... or a cute couple.