Chapter Eighteen - Happy Birthday Baxy

☼ Kai ☼

Trying to hide a surprise birthday party for Bax was harder than I thought it would be. I wanted everything to be perfect for him, wanted this to be a memorable birthday. I've rented four food trucks that will park at the Tetanui house. Poppy, Bodhi and Summer are helping me get the entire place decorated. We have a balloon wall all in black...that was a bigger pain than I thought it would be to set up. Balloons kept blowing away as we chased them around the yard laughing. Manu had to help us figure out how to hang the "Bax" pink neon light without popping the balloon wall that took us over an hour to create. Prawnie helped direct the food trucks up the drive as we finished up last minute touches. I take a step back admiring the backyard, the pink lights added the perfect pink glow. My stomach dipped with nervous energy as I tried to take a deep breath. I hope he likes it...I've barely talked to him today trying to get everything ready. Thank god the boys made him go out with them for a surf. It was the only way to keep him busy for a few hours.

We got back inside to change, I couldn't help laughing as I see my girls wearing the most ridiculous outfits with pink wings. I throw on one of Bax's sleeveless shirts...it looks like a dress on me as I grab his flannel tying it around my waist so I don't look like a box. I put on my black knee high socks and platform converse to add a little height to my small frame. "Bodhi can you help me with this wig?" I shout from my room as I hear footsteps headed towards me. Poppy plops down on my bed as Summer sits in the chair by the window. "Will it be weird if Bax gets turned on by you looking like him?" Poppy ponders out loud as Summer tries to stifle a laugh. "Why do I have a feeling he would be into it?" Bodhi says as she pins my hair back. I grab the fake septum nose ring trying to get it in the right place. I kinda like the way it looks with my other double nose piercings. Bodhi places the pink shoulder length wig on before I turn around to see the girls smirking. "He's definitely going to be into this." Summer winks. Poppy pulls out her phone as she reads a text. "The boys are fifteen minutes out." She tells us as my stomach twists again. "Everyone else is starting to show up, and Manu is directing them to their places." Bodhi adds. "I guess we should go out there then?" I say as Poppy wraps her arm in mine as we walk out of my bedroom and towards the backyard.

It was agonizing waiting for the boys to show up. I tried to talk to others as a distraction but my stomach was being overtaken by the nerves to the point I was shaking. I've never been nervous like this. I'm a competitive surfer...nerves weren't really ever a problem for me. I want Bax to love his party...want him to feel loved. This is his first birthday without his sisters and parents. That's not really saying much but I know when my birthday comes up I'll be a mess....my first birthday without my mum. Bax would do the same for me, I know it. He would go over the top to make it perfect. Shane one of the guys that works with Bax at the board shop comes over to me with a giant smile. "You look very Baxter like" He teases before giving me a hug. "Love the black jean vest really screams him." I smiled as he chuckles. "Manu had me put your gift in his room." He tells me as I nod my head in thanks. "Thank you for doing that. I'm sure it wasn't easy trying to keep it a secret." I say as he waves me off. "No biggie. Anything for Bax, he's like family......thanks for doing this for him, he deserves all this. Kids been through alot. I'm glad he's found you." Shane pats my back before walking off towards some of the other guys from their shop.

I can hear the music beating from one of the boys car as they pull up at the end of the drive. I take a few more deep breaths as I make my way towards the front. The boys joking and laughing as they walk up the path. The moment they make the turn I see those perfect ocean eyes taking everything and everyone in. His shocked expression quickly turning into a huge grin as his blue eyes search for mine. When they found mine I felt a sudden calmness fall over me as he makes his way over to me picking me up and spinning me around. My hands cup his face as he lets me slowly down "Happy Birthday Baby" I smile before kissing him, one of his hands rest at the nape of my neck and the other one on the small of my back as he pulls me closer into him deepening our kiss. It was needy and heated his tongue playing with mine, I could feel his giant grin while we kissed. He pulls back his hand finding mine before raising it and making me spin around enjoying my outfit. His grin replaced with a flirty smirk, his hand leaving mine as he hooks his finger under my chin lifting my face towards him. His eyes taking in every detail. "I don't know what I like more...the pink hair or the septum piercing." he cocks an eyebrow. "I think I could get use to the piercing." I wink. "Yes please do...." he says his eyes lighting up before he leans down for another kiss. "Do you like the surprise?" I ask him his thumb caressing my cheek. "Like it....I love it, longboard. No one has ever done something like this for me before.....thank you for all of this and the food trucks...I really love the food trucks" he jokes.

After a few hours passed Bax has ate a weeks worth of food from the trucks. Talked to all his friends and even took a ton of photos at the balloon wall. I sat back watching him enjoying tonight, he looked happy....really happy. Is it possible to love someone so much that your heart physically hurts? Because that's currently how I feel....this ache in my chest from being so deliriously happy with him....so deliriously in love with him. This can't be normal. Those ocean eyes find me across the yard his smile making those butterflies in my stomach come alive. I mouthed "I love you" as his smile grew brighter mouthing back "forever". The girls crowd around me at the table I was sitting at "Best birthday party ever. Bax is so happy Kai." Bodhi says "Bax asked me to move in with him" I rush out taking the three of them by surprise before they all squeal. "Why didn't you tell us sooner!" Bodhi shouts at me. "I'm gonna miss having you down the hall." Poppy says wrapping her arms around my neck in a hug. "It's not like I'm moving hours away Pops. I'll still bug you daily." I tease her. "I'm happy for you guys! A little jealous at the same time...I miss being in the same house with Ari." Summer says. "I'm a little scared he's going to regret this decision." I tell them "Seriously?" Summer questions. "Kai...he looks at you like you've hung the stars in his sky....talks about you like you are his universe." Poppy says. Bodhi nods her head in agreement. "Just look at him....that's a boy who is deeply and madly in love. He's not gonna regret a second with you." she adds as I watch Bax failing miserably to listen to whatever his friends are saying his eyes constantly holding my gaze.

Later that night when the sun finally went down I go into the kitchen to light the candles on his cake before walking slowly back out the sliding glass doors trying not to blow out the nineteen candle. "Happy Birthday to you....." Everyone starts to sing with me as Bax looks up at me with a tender smile. "And many MOOOOORRRREEEEE!" we all end as he takes a deep breath trying to blow out the candles in one try. He swipes a finger in the cake getting a glob of icing before wiping it on my cheek. My mouth falls open as I watch the giant smirk on his face. I grab a fist full of cake cocking an eyebrow at him "Kai.....I'm sorry baby....just put the cake down." He laughs as he tries to stand. I smear the cake in his face as those ocean blue eyes look up at me with a devious twinkle. He grabs me by the waist pulling me into his lap, taking the candles throwing them to the ground in one big swope. "Baxter Radic don't you even think about it." I warn him. He gives me a wink as he quickly pushes the cake in my face. After the shock and laughter wear off he helps wipe the icing and smashed cake out of my eyes. I grab the remaining destroyed cake smearing it all over his face and chest. "There...even." I tell him. At this point everyone has walked off to talk to each other or get more food. Bax leans in as he licks some of the cake off my face. "Yummy" he teases. "You should try some...I've got plenty on my face....or chest......" He offers, his amused look now a heated one as a spark shoots down my spine. "We should go clean this cake off......" I suggest as he nods his head. "Yeah we should definitely clean all this cake off of us." his voice turn's raspy.

He helps me off his lap as we head inside towards the bathroom. He locks the door behind us before he leans into me those ocean eyes burning with need. His lips collide with mine in a hurried demand, our kiss tasting like cake. His hands finding their way to his flannel untying it quickly and throwing it off to the side. He lifts his tank over my head his eyes roaming my body appreciatively while I help him slip out of his unbuttoned shirt, my hands finding their way to his pants making quick work unbuckling and unzipping them as he steps out of them. I lick up some of the cake on his chest as he groans. He picks me up swiftly setting me on the bathroom counter a few bottles clattering to the ground the small space filled with our laughter. He moves me towards the edge of the counter before thrusting into me a little gasp slipping from my lips. I arch into him as he continues his perfect pace "Bax" I moan. The way he rolls his hips driving me insane. He leans down to leave gentle bites up my neck. A knock sounds at the door as we both ignore it, another knock sounds "Occupied!" He shouts in between bites, continuing his perfect rhythm. One of his hands finds my clit as he makes slow circles with just enough pressure to have me loosing myself. A few more deep thrusts and my legs start trembling, that familiar burning in the pit of my stomach exploding as my body is wrecked with pleasure. Bax covers my mouth trying to muffle my screams. His thrusts becoming more rough as my hands find their way to his messy hair tugging on it while pulling him into me. I bite his lip as he moans, our lips colliding in another heated kiss. I could feel the way he tenses as he loses himself deep inside me his moans filling my mouth. When we finally catch our breath he helps me off the counter as we try our best to wash the cake off ourselves. Tonight felt perfect. I watch the way he gazes at me tenderly "Happy Birthday Pinkalicious." I smile caressing his cheek. He was perfect.