You can't be serious

"Trinity's died" she says.
I look at her and feel my eyes widen. I sit in shock not feeling anything. Not feeling the tears flooding down my face or the girls hugging me. I feel numb. I feel dead to the world, the most deadest thing that's still living.

That's basically how we are for the rest of the night. I didn't stop crying. Didn't talk. Didn't smile.

The sun starts to rise and I grab my phone and look on sky sports news.

BREAKING NEWS: The US soccer star Trinity Rodman has passed away.

We have heard that she had been diagnosed with cancer 4 months ago. She hadn't told anyone except her family, she told them the day before she died. She knew yesterday was her death date and she didn't want the people she loved most knowing. Her father Dennis Rodman has spoken out "we are devastated, as a family it's a hard thing to process, I don't even know how or what to say. The feeling is too raw to express the inner feelings."

The family rushed to her college UCLA last night with police and ambulance vehicles following them. The college is under full investigation after finding illegal drugs in her dorm. Thoughts are with everyone who was close to Trinity. The coach of the soccer team spoke out as well. Coach Harley Jackson "I only found out this morning, obviously we go home and come back to work. I remember walking in this morning and there was vehicles everywhere. I had no idea what had gone on. The girls showed up at practice and once I heard what happened I sent them back to their dorms. They all looked exhausted and drained. They looked devastated with the news. Trinity had a big character and she lightened up the room"

The USA national team have posted on their instagram this morning the upcoming games for the USA are being postponed to a later date, so they can take time to process this massive thing. Rest in peace Trinity Rodman.

I cry even more reading it. "Why- why- did-nt -she tell me." I manage to get out.
"She didn't want you to know. Because she loves you, and she wanted to protect you" Katie says
I shake my head, "she can't be dead"
Leah rubs my hand with her thumb. "She can't be" I say

I eventually make my way to my bed and start crying into the pillow gripping onto Trinity's hoodie and the bear she gave me.
Leah comes in "Jessie called. Trinity's funeral is on the 6th are you wanting to go" she asks
I nod my head. She leaves.

......
I wake up in America. It was the day of the funeral, I'm in the bed next to Jessie after Trinity's parents let us stay at their house. We go downstairs and I feel completely deflated. I see her mums eyes red and  dripping. My eyes letting tears escape as well. Her mum gives us some cereal to eat before getting changed.

I change into this: