Becoming friends

Lavi looked them over. He stretched his arms out to lay on the backs of the chairs on either side of him. Even though one was occupied by Krory, the dark haired thin faced man didn't seem to care. Lavi eyed Allen.

"We should celebrate." He offered.

His hand smacked onto Krory's back. Lavi leaned forward.

"Krory here just signed on full time as well!" He crowed.

"So did Noise and Miranda." Daisya cried as the three came walking in together.

"That's it!" Lavi slapped his hand on the table.

"After work we all go out for breakfast together!" He decided for everyone.

"You buying?" Kanda snarled.

Lavi ducked his head. Everyone knew Lavi never saved his money. He was often buying books and things like that. A bit of a need, but he loved what he loved.

"I, uh..." He muttered.

"Don't worry about it." Krory said as he licked his spoon clean. "I will treat everyone." He added.

Kanda watched as he gathered up his and Lavi's trash. He flicked his cobalt blue eyes to the those of the ginger. Lavi meet them, saw the look on Kanda's face and ducked his head. He pushed up from the table, after repacking his lunch bag. He walked away without ever looking back to Kanda.

Out in the hall, Lavi leaned against the wall. Krory was heading back to the security shed. They would have to start getting ready for the day crew. Lavi rubbed a hand over his face. Kanda. He sighed as he thought about the dark haired male.

Kanda had been his first real relationship. Yet he couldn't even say it was real. They hooked up, Lavi spent nights over at Kanda's place. They would read books together, play games or just sit in front of Kanda's fireplace with a glass of wine talking. Lavi would brush his hands through he long silky blue black hair. He had loved Kanda.

Yet he knew when it was over. When Allen Walker showed up, Kanda had... changed. The look in his eye, how intensely he watched the young pale male. Lavi saw it each and every night. It broke his heart every time. Allen showed no interest in Kanda other than the man being his mentor.

Kanda was too shy, too self absorbed or too something to even brooch the idea of a relationship with the small white haired scarred male. Lavi let out a soft sigh. It was Krory who noticed how love sick Lavi was over Kanda.

Lavi pushed off of the wall afraid Kanda would come out and see him looking so pathetic. He walked to the rest room to splash water over his face. Krory had initiated everything between them the first touch, the first kiss. He even asked Lavi out first. It was something the young ginger never thought of before. Someone interested in him for him.

Krory was great. He wasn't Kanda, but Lavi was learning that maybe he hadn't loved Kanda as much as he thought he had. Maybe it was just a physical relationship. That was what all of Lavi's interactions had been. Until Krory. They got physical, yes, but it didn't start out that way. It started out with Krory just asking Lavi about the book he was reading...

"You sleeping with him?" the soft growl made Lavi jump. He hadn't heard the door open.

Looking up in the mirror he saw Kanda leaning against the wall. His arms folded over his chest. This made his muscles stand out. Damn he was fine.

"We're dating." Lavi agreed. Kanda looked down.

"Good for you, Lavi." He said this so quietly, then he turned to leave.

"Just ask him out!" Lavi cried.

Kanda paused hand on the door.

"I'm not you." He muttered before pushing the grey metallic door open.