Guardian

"Where is the stupid rabbit?" Kanda bellowed as he marched through the dinning hall.

Lenalee looked up. She was sat between Noise and Daisya. They had been discussing their new member when Kanda strolled in. Kanda took in the sights around him. No small bean sprout to be seen. No dumb bunny either. He growled!

"Where is Allen?" he commanded of the people looking up at him.

Several of the science dweeb grabbed their trays to rush from the room. One bespectacled man huddled at the end of a table. He fixed his round glasses as he took in Kanda's furious face. Something about him was familiar to Kanda, but he didn't have the time to puzzle out why. Allen was missing, again!

This was the second time within the same day! How was he going to prove to Allen he could keep him safe if he kept losing him! Kanda was more furious with himself than any one else. Amy e he just needed to tie the kid to him! Still the silence in the rom was working on his nerves. No one was answering him.

"Lenalee!!" He cried.

Her stunned gaze fixed him to the spot. She licked her thin lips as she took in his appearance. He liked her due to the fact she was mostly quiet. She respected his space. Sometimes she came by just to sit with him. She never really talked, but would sit next to him. He wasn't sire why, but he felt better when ever she did it.

"Kanda, they left nearly forty minutes ago." Lenalee muttered.

Her voice was so soft he had to lean a bit to hear it. The words struck him like blows. He had been in fights that hadn't him so beaten up as those words did now. His feet stumbled.

"They never showed at the training room." Kanda insisted.

"Well, it's Lavi, maybe he took Allen too..." Daisya began.

"No." Lenalee shook her head.

"Lavi wouldn't have done that, not this time." She glanced to Kanda.

He returned her stare. Something was off.

"I'm calling Komui!" they both said at the same time.

"Did my darling baby sister need something from her big strong brother?" a delighted voice called out filling the air.

"Komui, knock it off. Allen's missing!" Kanda cried.

Komui appeared beside the table. One hand rested upon his sister shoulder. His stern gaze took in Kanda's appearance. The light dazzled over his spectacles, making it hard for anyone to see his eyes. When he turned his head, they saw the deep concentration in his eyes.

"Tell me everything." He stated quietly.

Kanda explained how he chased after Lavi, leaving Allen alone. He left out the reason for him chasing Lavi, but his face heated up slightly anyway. He then said he went to the training room when he saw how much food Allen was eating.

"Yes, he is a parasitic type." Komui muttered to himself.

"Whatever." Kanda waved it away.

"I finished my workout, but Lavi didn't bring Allen to me. I came back here to see if he was still eating." Kanda insisted.

"Did you see anything odd along your way?" Komui asked.

As Kanda was thinking, Komui turned to Lenalee.

"Tell me what you know." He sat across from her to listen.

"We all walked out together. Lavi said he was going to take Allen to Kanda." Lenalee began.

"I had some thing I needed to drop off to the science room then I met Daisya as he was coming in from he field. We got discussing Allen and what group we might put him in." She went on.