Escape

Allen faced the door. Between him, Lavi and the portal to freedom was a lot of weird misshapen and deadly ... things. He drew a breath, glancing at Lavi he asked if the other could see them. Lavi let out a soft painkiller groan.

"Not yet. Ugh! I didn't want to do this!" he wailed.

Then, as Allen watched, Lavi lifted the patch over his eye. It rolled around, seemingly on its own. When it settled into place, it was focused ahead of them. Lavi sighed.

"I can't see the door, but I sure can see the enemy." He muttered turning his "normal" eye towards Allen.

Allen shivered at seeing what appeared to be Lavi looking in two different directions at the same time. Lavi smirked.

"Big hammer, little hammer, grow, grow, grow!" He called.

Once more Allen was mildly surprised. The hammer in Lavi's hands did exactly what he asked it to do. It grew. The "head" rested on the ground. Lavi leapt up to couch on the handle. He pulled Allen up with him.

Together they soared out over the first few rows of the enemy. Allen looked down sadly. These looked to be the easy ones. He had hoped to warm up using them. With Lavi's ability, they smashed down right in the center of the group of fighters. Allen said something that ticked the red head off.

"Wished Kanda was here." He stated as the thing to his left began to charge at him.

Lavi swatted it aside with the hammer head. It was now small enough for the man to weird it, but still large enough to do damage.

"Fire stamp!" Lavi cried.

He swung the hammer, shrinking the ground. A ring of fire shot up around them. They were trapped inside it with several of the enemy. Yet many, many more perished as the fire brunt them down.

"Not bad." Allen admitted.

"See, Kanda isn't everything!" Lavi swung to place his back to Allen's.

Timcanpy was still above them his sparks shot out zapping those who tried to cross the fire line. Together, Allen using his arm as a sword, while Lavi used his hammer, they fought off the first group.

"Tick tock, time stops for no man! Agree to wed me, Allen!" a sing song childlike voice cried over head.

"How much time did we just waste?" Allen asked.

"Lets not think about that." Lavi insisted.

They turned to face the door again. Timcanpy flashed above them. A timer showing they had twenty eight minutes left. Allen glared at Lavi.

"Why did you set us down in the middle, and not right by the door?" he demanded.

"There was something in the way. I couldn't fly us any closer." Lavi informed him.

"Call of the fire, let's move." Lavi stamped the ground again.

Their protecting fire vanished. Allen ran ahead, he slid under the feet of one running creature. His sword cut in two. Another was coming up directly behind it. Lavi smashed it away from Allen with his hammer.

"Dose it always make a circle of fire?" Allen asked.

"Um? Usually, why?" Lavi cried as they continued to fight.

"Well, we could use a tunnel right about now." Allen offered.

Both heads rose to look at Timcanpy. The ball let out a beeping sound. Then became excitable as more of the enemy closed in on his friends. Lavi swung the hammer up calling for fire stamp once more. Allen moved into position to protect his back. The ring of fire surrounded them.

Timcanpy was able to blow it into a straight line on their left. Allen lunged forward, slicing a beastie back, on the right. Lavi swung the hammer down again. Another ring came up, but it joined with the first making that taller, instead of creating on where Timcanpy could form a line to the right

"Sorry, looks like we can't do the tunnel." Lavi offered.

"Isn't a tunnel just a circle turned horizontal?" Kanda's voice growled out of Timcanpy.

Allen and Lavi glanced at each other. They shrugged laughing. As Allen fought, Lavi reclaimed the fire. He, once more used fire stamp. Instead of striking the floor with the hammer head, he hit the wall. A circle formed up over their heads. Timcanpy expanded it toward the exit. Laughing they ran forward.

The door was coming closer, the wall behind them was zooming up to squish them against it. Allen ran faster, his sword striking out at anything that came near to him. Lavi was at his side. Allen's foot slipped.

Lavi caught the handle of the door. Allen fell, with the end of their pocket universe almost upon him. Lavi swung the hammer out. A blinding light engulfed him. The door handle turned in his hand. As it opened, he tumbled through it. His hammer coming out behind him.

Rolling along the hall, Lavi stood up. Allen! The name was his first thought. He glanced to the end of the hammer. There sat the white-haired teen. His elbow wrapped around the handle as he still held his sword. Timcanpy was nestled in the nest of white hair. Allen's wide eyes met Lavi's.

"Did we make it?" he asked.

"I think so." Lavi glanced to the end of the hall where the rest of the order stood in stunned silence.

"I smell chicken curry!" Allen cried.

"Always with your stomach!" Kanda tossed his hands in the air, as he stalked forward.

"Put your arm back on and get off the stupid rabbits hammer!" He cried as he reached Allen.

Allen slipped down into the man's arms. He pressed the hilt of the sword to his shoulder. It fused back into his arm. Kanda lifted his chin up.

"You did it." He whispered as their lips met in a heated kiss.

Allen's face flamed as he heard the sounds of the others walking away. Komui called out that, when they were done, he wanted to debrief. The silence filled the hall afterwards. Kanda drew back, gazing down into Allen's eyes.

"That was fun." Lavi smirked.

Kanda looked over as Allen turned to see Krory holding the starry eyed red head. His eye patch was back in place.

"Dumb bunny!" Kanda hissed.

"What? I got us outta there!" Lavi cried glaring at Kanda, before smirking at Allen.

"Yet you couldn't figure out how to draw a stupid tunnel!" Kanda yelled at him.

"Too be fair, I was fighting for our lives as well!" Lavi yelled back as the two couples began to walk down the hall.

"All you were doing was standing around with he science guys!" Lavi huffed.

"We were watching everything." Kanda hissed.

"Huh? How?" Allen asked.

Three pairs of eyes went tot the happy chirping ball on his head. Allen giggled.

"Now that's creepy? Johnny put a camera in him. We will have to make sure he is facing the other way..." Allen smirked at Kanda.

"Yeah, that's the only issue!" Lavi laughed.

"Just tell Johnny to take it back out." Krory shrugged.

The silence as the other three looked at the quiet man filled the air. If one was watching, it would certainly sound like crickets chipping inside the heads of all three. Krory, with his arm around Lavi's waist gazed back at them all.

"What? It just make sense." He shrugged.

Lavi laughed, jumping onto his back. Allen giggled, moving closer to Kanda. Kanda ducked his head into Allen's neck to kiss it.

"Sometime fang boy has a brain." He muttered.

Allen's stomach growled. They all ran back down the hall to the cafeteria. Jerry was ready for them. Allen ate dish after dish as he watched Kanda. Once done he smirked. They were alone in the large room.

Kanda took Allen's hand.

"I know a short cut." He hissed dragging the teen with him as they went back to their rooms.