Kanda's promise

"So, we have tonight off." Allen walked into the pretty cabin like house behind his host.

"Yes." Kanda set their helmets down. He shrugged out of his jacket.

Allen stood mesmerized by his broad shoulders, firm back, he watched how the muscles bunched. Kanda turned catching him starring. Reaching up, he took out his hair tie. His blue black hair fanned out around his shoulders. It cascaded in a wave of dark ripples to the top of his butt.

"Could you, are you, um..." Kanda stammered playing with the tie in his hand.

"Can I brush I for you?" Allen asked. His pale face gleamed with hope.

"Please. It takes a lot to do." Kanda muttered.

"Go sit on the ottoman by the fireplace." Allen cried.

He dashed off to the bathroom. Finding a brush and comb, he hurried back. Kanda sat in the ottoman. He had started the fireplace. Warm electric heat floated over them as Allen walked up behind him. Using the comb, the pale hands separated the hair. Allen began to brush it.

He marveled at the smooth colors, bow they blended together in the long flowing waves. Neither spoke as Kanda gazed into the fire. Allen's hands worked around the waves, delicately plucking out the snarls while leaving the hair a glossy shine. After his third section, Kanda cleared his throat.

"Uh, Allen?" He asked.

"Mmm?" came the reply.

"If I asked you to, um, well talk to someone about your master..." Kanda hesitated afraid Allen may run.

"The Black order? Master said how evil they were. How they would take me to experiment on me. See I'm not entirely, uh, well, normal." He muttered.

"What does that mean?" Kanda asked.

"You recall how I told you we got Timcanpy?" Allen asked.

His hands continued to smooth out the glossy black hair. It shone like a dark lake in the moonlight. Once each section was done, Allen carefully placed it aside. Kanda sat still for all of this. He hardly moved, even to breathe.

"Yes. He came through one of the temporal openings. Part of the Black orders job is to find these rifts in order to seal them." Kanda stated as if he were reading a technical manual.

"Manna wasn't my father." Allen muttered.

He shifted to Kanda's left side. Only two more sections to go. Allen carefully picked up the next one. He ran his fingers through it to check for snarls. Finding one, he carefully picked it out before getting the brush. Kanda sat in stunned silence.

"In fact, I don't know who my parents are. Manna found me on a cold snowy morning. I was frozen to the ground. He had to thaw me to take me into his house. I was just over the age of a toddler." Allen said.

"You, you came through the rift?" Kanda asked.

He felt Allen's hand jerk. Glancing over he watched the pale man shrug.

"Not sure where I came from." He offered.

"Manna raised me. I never got sick or needed a doctor or anything, so he had no reason to take me to something like that." Allen insisted.

"Then when Master came, well, he was different. If he hurt me, he used Timcanpy to heal me. Somethings were too much for Tim to take care of." Allen's voice trailed away.

He was done with Kanda's hair. Kanda reached up to take the red hand in his. He maneuvered the fingers around. Slicing them apart with his own. He gripped the firm hand.