Chapter 5: The Cursed Leaf

We start this story in the demon skull to see a 15 year old boy with ash-gray hair and emerald green eyes, he's around 5'10, with a headband around his hair. He's currently resting after training since dawn, he couldn't sleep because this was the day he would get his grimoire. The feeling that was supposed to be excitement was instead worry; what would he get?

He thoughts are cut off with a blast of water to his face.

Noelle: What were you thinking? The ceremony starts in a hour.

Asta: I can't even do a quick workout to keep my mind off of things now?

Yuna: Don't lie Asta, Sister told us you were out here since dawn.

Mimosa: You need to take a break once in a while, since the first we met you've worked out.

Asta: It's gotten me stronger hasn't it?

Annabell: I'm surprised you're not sore.

Asta: Trust me I am.

Noelle: Whatever meathead.

Asta: Ow you really hurt my feelings, water witch.

Noelle: Don't make me blast you again!

Yuna: Can we go now.

Noelle: *crosses arms and looks away* I suppose we can.

Mimosa: Y-you can r-ride with m-me Asta.

Annabell: N-no he's going to ride with me.

Over the years Annabelle grew to have feelings for Asta, but being the dense brick he is, he hasn't noticed that he has a harem. Yuna doesn't show but she occasionally blushes around Asta, Noelle on the other hand is a major Tsundere. She blasts him with water when he makes her flustered and gave him the nickname "Bakasta". Mimosa and Annabell try and express their feeling more than the other two, they've become the biggest rivals. On multiple occasions they have both passed out due Asta's like of personal space.

Asta: I can run it's not that far from here.

Annabell: Aw ok.

Mimosa: Are you sure?

Asta: I have a lot of stamina, I'll be fine.

2

Yuna: Well we better hurry, it takes awhile to get there.

They leave the skull go to the tower, Asta running below the other four. The two that offered rides were sadden that he didn't accept. When they reached the tower, people were bad mouthing them.

???: Why is commoner with royalty.

???: They are disgraces to the royal families.

Asta had always been bad mouthed by everyone, so he was used to it, Although he felt bad for his friends. Other royals would treated them badly just because of Asta.

Asta: You can move away from me for this, I don't want people bad mouthing you four.

Annabell: We don't care what they say.

Yuna: They can bad mouth us all they want, we will still remain friends.

Asta: Heh, thanks guys.

Drought: Welcome all to the grimoire tower! Today is the day when you'll receive your grimoire!

After he said that grimoires came flying down. Mimosa, Noelle, and Annabell received a three leave clover.( Mimosa's and Noelle's are the same in the anime. Annabell's is a golden yellow with blue accents and it has a hourglass containing the three leaf clover). Asta and Yuna are left in the center awaiting their's. Until two flashes slowly descend from the ceiling, one a bright mint green; the other a bright grey. The green one goes to Yuna whilst the grey one goes to Asta. Yuna has a mint green with gold accents and a four leaf. Asta has a grey one with black accents and a five leaf clover in the middle.

Asta: 'What does a five leaf mean'

After everything is done with the five walk out, but is stopped by a strange man. They are then chained up by him.

Revichi: Name's Revichi, I'll be taking that four leaf now.

Yuna: Back off! *tries to use magic but it doesn't work*

Revichi: Your magic won't work these chains steal mana. *walks up to Asta*

Asta: Shut up!

Revichi: What did you say?! Chain Magic: Dance of the sleeping serpent!

Revchi then launches multiple chains at Asta while him still being tied up. Asta is then blown into the wall and Revichi walks up to him. He puts is foot on Asta shoulder and stomps on it.

Revchi: Who do you think you are?! I'm Revichi a former senior-class magic knight! You should be groveling at my feet!

1

Suddenly Asta's grimoire glows and floats up to him a sword hilt is show coming out, Revichi backs up in shock and fear.

Revichi: 'How can he still move after that attack?!'

Asta: Like I said before, shut up. *pulls out a large great sword from the grimoire*

The sword is shown with silver accents on the hilt of the sword and a white aura starting from the blade going down to the tip.

Asta: I don't care about what you say about me! You can launch you best attack and I'll still get back up! Because, my second magic *launches himself forward at Revichi in incredible speeds* is never giving up!

Asta then hits the so called "magic knight" in gut with his sword with enough force for him to be into the wall in a blink of a eye. The chains that were around the royals slowly dissolved. They all stand in shock in what just happened. Asta was the first to break the silence by waking to the four. He starts looking them up and down checking for injuries, unknowingly making them all blush crimson.

Noelle: B-b-Bakasta w-what a-are you d-doing?

Asta: I'm checking for injuries.

Yuna has a blush but a deadpan face and uses her magic to push him back.

Yuna: Your checking us for injuries? You got hit more than us.

Mimosa: Y-yes let me h-heal you.

Asta: Really? Thanks Mimosa!

He then hugs Mimosa which makes Annabell jealous.

Annabell: Y-you know, I can also heal with my magic.

Asta: Really?! That's awesome!

Mimosa: I offered to heal him first so let me.

Mimosa heals Asta which makes Annabelle jealous, Asta decides that he'll ride with her since it's late which makes Mimosa even more jealous.

Annabelle: 'He's so close! Take that Mimosa!' *smirks*

They arrive at the church.

+

Asta: I know you guys might not like this, but what if we don't see each other until the exams?

Yuna: I like it, we get to see how much we've improved.

Mimosa: Won't Me, Yuna, and Noelle see each other on a daily basis.

Asta: I guess it's fine you three see each other, but just try and avoid me and Ann!

Annabelle felt giddy because of the name, but the other three were jealous.

Noelle: Well I suppose we should leave then.

Yuna: I'll see you in six months Asta.

The four leave and Asta stares at the stars.

Asta: 'I've come so far. So I'm not giving up now!'