Chapter 6: The Magic Knights Exam

He's been training hard is finally ready for the exams. Although he is worried about one thing, would the captains pick him regardless of his societal status?  Sister Lily has been reassuring him to not worry about, but he just can't help it. For now he has better things to think about, as he's standing in front the church with everyone outside. Sister is looking proud, Father is crying more than the average human, and the kids are sad.

Father Orsi: I can't believe my boy is going to become a magic knight *hugs Asta*

Sister Lily: Believe us Asta we're very proud.

Father Orsi: *backs away from Asta* And if you don't make it in you're always welcome here.

Asta: Trust me father, I'll get in.

Nash: Sure like a peasant is going to get in the magic knights.

Sister Lily: Oh Nash, don't say that.

Asta: Nash how about we make a deal, if I don't make it in you can rub it in my face all you want. But if I do make it in then you have to promise me that you'll try your hardest to become one too.

Nash: Deal.

Asta: Well then I'll be on my way!

He then walks into mountains toward the capital, once he reaches the top he looks back at the village.

Asta: This is the start of my journey.

TIMESKIP

Asta took off from the church three days ago. The exams are tomorrow and Asta had just shown up at the edge of the capital.

Asta: Been awhile since I've came here. Here I come captains!

He sprints in to the capital looking around at everything, still amazed by them.

Asta: ' I wonder how everyone is doing. They probably got a lot stronger too!'

Suddenly he runs into someone.

???: Ow, you wanna die runt!?

Asta looked up to see a tall man with a very muscular build. He has grey eyes and black hair of medium length that is messily combed backward, making it stick outwards. Additionally, he sports a stubble mustache and beard. His attire is very simple and consists only of a white A-shirt and black trousers. The trousers have an extra layer of tan leather that covers his outer thighs and down to his knees. The trousers are only supported by a belt around his waist. Yami wears another pair of belts, one of which he uses to carry his grimoire. Lastly, he wears black high boots that cover most of his calves.

Asta:' Oh crap, he has the eyes of a killer'

???: It appears you're ready to die

The man lifts asta by his head and starts to squeeze it with monstrous force.

???: Oh there he is. What's he doing away from the colosseum

???: 10,9,8

Asta: What're you counting down to?!

???: The end of your life

???: Captain Yami

Yami: Oh there you are Finral you got lost on you're way to the colosseum so I went to find you. Try that shit again and I'll bury you.

Finral:' He's the one who got lost though' *gulps*

Yami: Anyways* throws asta into a wall* Make me a portal to the colosseum

Finral: Yes sir! ' poor kid'

Finral creates a portal which he and Yami leaps into. Asta after hearing it goes to the colosseum also leapt in before it closes.