Chapter 9: Dungeon

Asta is eating breakfast along with the others, when captain Yami walks in.

Yami: Alright two things. One it's payday.

As soon as everyone hears that all of the bulls except two people rush over to Yami.

Asta: We get money?

Magna: Yeah, what did you think? That we risk our lives for free?

Asta: Kinda.

Lina: Wow you're stupid.

Yami: Shut up and get your pay. Anyways thing number two is that Luck, Asta, and Lina are going to a dungeon on the border of Clover and Diamond.

Asta: OOOO, A DUNGEON! Wait what's a dungeon.

Magna: Why did you get excited if you don't know what it is?

Asta: It sounds cool.

Yami: Anyways you three will go in a little. Also there might be people joining you.

Asta: Do you know who?

Yami: Nope, don't care don't know.

After they finish breakfast and get ready to go to the dungeon. Finral opens a portal close to the dungeon.

Asta: Why couldn't you take us directly to the dungeon?

Finral: I can only to places that I've been to.

Lina: That's stupid.

Finral: Hey, at least I brought you close to it!

Lina: Still stupid.

Finral: Just go to the dungeon.

With that he closes the portal and the three starts walking to the dungeon. Once they reach the entrance Lina clings to Asta because it was dark. After a while Luck senses mana, he runs to it and finds a loose brick. He pushes it and the whole wall falls, behind it was a room full of mana. It has rivers flowing every where on the roof, the sides, the floor.

Asta: Woah.

Luck: This place is full of mana and traps!

He then runs around activating pall the traps. Asta and Lina have to dodge all of them.

Lina: LUCK STOP, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?!

He then stops and gets a wide smile, He turns to them.

Luck: You guys, I sense a strong opponent ahead. Lighting Creation Magic: Holy Lighting Boots.

He bolts off

Asta: Welp, that's a problem.

Lina: Ugh, I don't know why he has has to do these things.

They continue walking when Asta stepped in a trap. A plant sprouted from it and lifted him in the air. He opened his grimoire, but before he could do anything ...

???: Water Creation Magic: Poseidon's Trident!

A water trident came from one of the darkened tunnels, it struck the plant and destroyed it.

???: Really Bakasta? I leave you for awhile and this is what happens when I see you.

Asta: Noelle!

The figure walks out of the tunnel to reveal the silver haired tsundere known as Noelle.

Asta: Hey! How come you didn't do the exams?!

Noelle: Because I'm royalty.

Asta: That's not an excuse!