Prologue

Warning!!! Mentions of Murder Rape, and Abuse

We were born together, raised together. He would always protect me and make me smile. We never let go of each other's hands. Even if we were fraternal our faces were identical. My twin, and yet my older brother. He was always smiling, he was warm and he was strong.

"Iza-nii."

"Don't worry Anzu, I'll always protect you. I promise you together forever."

When we turned 5 our mom had a baby girl, her name was Emma. When I looked at Emma and I looked at mom they looked the same. I always wondered why Iza-nii and I looked so different from mom. Emma was an angel, she was surrounded by light and I felt so happy being her older sister. If she was light than I was light too...at least that's what I thought.

One rainy night a scruffy, smelly man was in the house when Iza-nii and I came home from preschool. Iza-nii pulled me to our room shutting the door. I could hear shouts and plates clashing, but Iza-nii covered my ears and muffled it all out. Hugging me from behind as he muffled my ears with a blanket he soothed me.

"Don't worry Anzu, everything is alright, you'll be okay. I'll protect you no matter what." Is what he said rocking me back and forth. I couldn't help but wonder....that man looked a bit like us.

Soon our door was broken open and Iza-nii stood in front of me shielding me from the familiar yet unfamiliar man. Our mother was leaning against the door smoking her usual cigarette.

"There she is, take her I don't care." Is what mom said and the man pushed Iza-nii aside. Iza-nii crumpled to the floor, but he gripped onto me tightly until I felt someone yanking the back of my shirt. It was that man.

"Don't let go Anzu! I won't let you take her!!!" Iza-nii shouted.

"Shut up brat!" The man this time pulled us apart forcefully. I tried to grip onto Iza-nii's hand , but our grip began to slip.

No...no..don't take me away from him.. Our matching orchid eyes widened as we parted from each other

"Iza-nii!!" I screamed thrashing as I was thrown over the man's shoulder like a sack of potatoes I watched in horror as a bloodied Iza-nii desperately chased after me. "Don't let him take me Iza-nii!! Help!!" But it was no use. I was shoved into the back of a cramped dirty car and helpless as the light left my eyes.

"Anzu!! Anzu!!! Give her back!!!" Are the last words I ever heard from my brother.

At the age of 7 my slightly happy childhood with a gambling drug addicted mother. Angelic little sister and twin brother were stripped away from me by my biological father, our biological father. No wonder...Emma and we were so different.

For the next year I was made into this mans slave. Everyday he beat me, verbally abused me and made me run errands for him. In a run down dirty house I slept on the rotting floorboards inside the closet he graciously granted me. The mice could be heard, but Iza-nii was no where around me. The first months were tough, I would try to run away, but it was no use he would break my legs if I tried. This was no longer Japan...I don't know when but the signs around me became illegible and I didn't understand anything anyone was saying. I learned to sense wavelengths and to avoid angering him I didn't like the pain. Though soon I could no longer feel it. I also learned of our actual mother......I found her corpse in the garden one day. I wonder what Iza-nii would think when he found out that we were not related to Emma at all. All I could think was that I saw it coming from a mile away.

"Fucking whore..cheated on me hic. She was just a prostitute anyways hic so I threw her out." Our father was a murderer...no this was a lawless town. The slums, Iza-nii and I were only born in a hospital since that was when this man had been well off...now he's rotted to the core of his heart. And his blood flows through my veins. Blood of a criminal...I swore I would never be like him.