Chapter 8: Choices

Anzu POV

I wandered the streets aimlessly with Kakucho deep in thought. It was way past my curfew, but Izana was alright since Kakucho was with me. I sat on the bench daydreaming. Tenjiku's actions has been becoming dirtier and dirtier, Izana has taken Kisaki in as his second in command before I could realize. Looks like Mikey kicked him out from Toman from what I was told.

I was well aware of Kisaki's plan to double cross Takemichi in the winter, but....every-time he's involved someone almost dies.

"What are you thinking about Acchan?" Kakucho asked me.

"I...I don't know....Cho-cho....." I muttered my phone buzzed it was an unknown number. Shrugging I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Kurokawa Anzu-san?" The voice on the other end asked.

"Yes?"

"It's Takemichi, I was just wondering if you had the chance to talk sometime?" He asked, my eyes lit up. Now that he talks about it....apart from me this kid seemed to know whenever Kisaki plotted something and he made an effort to flunk his plans.

"Sure. Does afterschool tomorrow work?" I asked smirking.

Takemichi agreed and I hung up the call. "Who was that?" Kakucho asked.

"Cho-cho...I think I'm going to go against Kisaki openly. In the next conflict......Protect Iza-nii no matter what alright." I said in a serious voice.

"Are you sure Acchan?! That might be risky no?" Kakucho asked me.

"I don't care....I don't like how he does things. Iza-nii.....is losing his vision of Tenjiku because of him." I muttered. Looking out I felt Kakucho pat my head.

"I'll be here to support you Acchan." He muttered. I blushed a bit digging my face into my scarf.

"Yeah."

——————————-

"So, Takemichi what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked leaning on the wall behind the school.

"A-Anzu-san! Are you working with Kisaki by any chance?!" Takemichi blurted out to me. My guard went up and I glared at him.

"When did you learn that." I asked cautiously.

"Y-You're Kurokawa Izana's little sister and a member of Tenjiku correct?!" Takemichi kept pulling up facts that put me on edge. I growled pinning him to the wall a hand in his throat.

"Why do you know all that?!" I yelled.

"I-I can't say but....I need your help Anzu-san! For your brothers sake! If things keep going like this Tenjiku and Toman will be ruined and become the worse criminal organization known to man." Takemichi yelled.

My grip loosened...even with me choking him his determination didn't let up. His eyes...looked much older than that of a 15 year old.

"Just who the hell are you hanagaki Takemichi..." I asked backing away.

"I can't tell you and I'm sorry, but our goals align. I want to stop kisaki!" He said with fury in his voice.

Why was he so angry and why did his eyes look like that of someone that experienced unimaginable trauma. His wavelength told no lies either. At first it sounded like Shinichiro's but his was more heroic....unlike shinichiro.

"If I help you....can you promise me nothing bad will happen to Iza-nii?" I asked.

Takemichi's eyes widened "of course! I'll make sure of it!"