Chapter 9: Hope

Izana POV

I have a little sister....Anzu Kurokawa. After we were seperated that day I fought with that woman all the time until she sent me away to a foster home.....each home was the same they thought they were king...but I was king. I beat them all up until I landed inside the empty walls of an orphanage.

I met someone broken...just like me and a loyal servant. We held dreams of Tenjiku...a paradise where I would be king in this acursed world.

I lamented searching for my little sister a futile battle...when I looked for the house she was sent to all I found were decaying corpses.

I was always too late....

I found her again...she found me...seeing her teary eyes and broken nature made me hate the world more. Every night she cried in agony and her eyes held pain. I introduced her to my companions and slowly she began to smile from the bottom of her heart again.

I was angry at shinichiro for lying to me....Anzu was all I needed. I always vowed to get revenge on Manjiro. Because of him Shinichiro couldn't care or be just my brother. But with Anzu...I feel like I understood how he felt. A part of me just wanted to do everything in my power to let her live the life we both lost. She was my treasure...my other half and my dearest sister.

Sometimes I forgot my hatred in the joy of having her smiling at me. Yet the darkness in her heart was deeper than I thought. I ended up mixing my ambitions and lending an ear to Kisaki. I was upset when Kisaki told me she may be a traitor...I could care less if Anzu betrayed me we were blood related and thats stronger than anything.

Anzu always thought of herself as less than others...that we were cursed in some way bound to misfortune. She did this and never allowed herself to be truly satisfied. I should of realized...the pressure I had been placing on her was not right. Forcing her to pretend to love someone she once cared for dearly and watch them die. I knew she already seen death more than once. I knew she hated death or murder more than anything. I did and yet I forced her to suffer through it all...because I let that bastard change my opinion.

"Izana!" Kakucho yelled running into the hospital he saw Manjiro and Emma comforting each other in the lobby and Takemichi was also lamenting.

"Kakucho..." Izana muttered

"How's Acchan is she.." Kakucho feared the worse, but Izana shook his head.

"She barely made it...she's in a Coma.....the doctor said she may not wake up even if she did since her occipital nerve was damaged she will never be able to see again." Izana explained.

"N..no...Acchan..." Kakucho slowly walked into the room seeing all the machines hooked up onto the near death girl.

"I'm sorry Acchan...I didn't say anything because Kisaki was getting suspicious...." Kakucho sobbed falling onto his knees. "I just...wanted to protect you.."

"...And I was stupid....Even after all the death I know she's seen. I tried to make Anzu watch another death. I should of known...Kisaki wasn't good news...now with Anzu on her death bed I finally see....I'm sorry Kakucho....I was a terrible big brother." Izana said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Izana....." Kakucho said.

"Kisaki.....I'll kill him though." Izana said venom laced in his voice.

"About that....I have a proposition." Takemichi said gaining both of their attention.

——————————————-

Author POV

A few hours had passed Anzu slowly stirred in her bed the nurse watching her gasped checking on her right away.