028

The sun shone through the grand window, adding a soft, golden hue to the mahogany shelves and the richly-colored books that filled them. Narcissa, with her blonde hair, blue eyes and tranquil expression, had an open book resting on her lap. Draco, sat by her side, his grey eyes scanning the print as he sipped his tea.

"I'm building myself the exact same library" Achilles swooned

"You could just come over?" Draco said confused

"You misunderstood" Cytherea snorted "he doesn't want those books, he's filling up the library with romance novels"

"Romance in novels is much better than in real life" Achilles glared at Draco who had a disgusted look on his face

"You read porn" Blaise pointed his finger at him

"It's called smut" Achilles corrected "you can blame evening star for introducing me to it"

"It's unbelievable good to read"

The library had been a refuge for them in times of turmoil, a place to nurture their love of reading and grow in knowledge. With its ancient volumes and the gentle ticking of the grandfather clock, it created a calming atmosphere that seemed to cloak them in serenity.

Narcissa and Draco had been visiting the Manor library together since Draco was a small child, and it had become part of his childhood memories. The library, shelves filled with stories to get lost in; the smell of tea and books, the ticking of the clock and the curtains rustling in the breeze.

Narcissa beamed at the thought. Just her and her son, spending time together in the library. That sounded peaceful. She was glad Draco would have good memories with her, when she herself didn't have any with her mother.

They shared a bond, bound by years of visits, conversations and bookish games they invented. Draco’s curiosity became a source of shared ideas and experiments, while Narcissa’s research into potions made for exciting planning and anticipations of what her new discoveries might bring.

Now that Draco was older and had begun attending Hogwarts, the library visits had become even more important. When the lessons and the stress of school got too much, Narcissa was there to remind him of the haven he had grown up in

Narcissa looked up from her book towards her son who was absolutely engrossed in reading the book, totally unaware of the light lapping against his face. His blonde hair is swept back off his face, with a few strands playing around his cheeks. His eyes are fixed on the book, his expression intense and focused.

"Sorry Malfoy. But, your mother is...... nevermind" Ginny stopped herself when Both Malfoy sr and jr turned to glare at her

"Narcissa is simply the most elegant woman I've met" Cytherea said "that's what Ginny wanted to say"