chapter 54

The silence in the room was deafening. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it.

No one said a word. Everyone wore the same shocked expression. We all knew it was coming, we just never knew when it would. What we would do when it did.

For another student, to say it, showed that we never really were untouchable. No matter how much we wanted to think we were. We were far from it.

"He won't get near me." I whispered, finally breaking the silence. I wanted to say anything that would calm Mattheo down. I seen the fire in his eyes, growing.

"Your fucking right he won't." He muttered, darting up to my room.

I followed, right behind him.

"Mattheo, slow down." I repeated, "Mattheo, wait!"

He wouldn't listen. He wouldn't slow down. 

He went straight to my bathroom, and started to run the water.

"Mattheo please, talk to me." I begged, trying to stand in front of him.

He ignored me, as he started to wipe the blood of his face and hands, which he never did on his own.

"Matt, you need to talk to me. What are you doing?!" I started to shout.

"I'm going to take care of this!" He screamed, shutting my faucet off.

"What the fuck do you mean?! No you're not!" I grabbed his arm, trying to stop him from leaving my bathroom.

"Don't you get it?!" He snapped, that same crazy look in his eyes. "Dahlia, he will come for you. My father is a sick man, who will do sick things, and I'll be fucking damned if I let him lay a finger on you again."

"We have a plan, Matt. We need to stick to the plan, please." I whispered, pulling his arm.

"Fuck the plan! I won't let him intimidate me, get in my fucking head! Get to you! I won't!" He was yelling again.

"Don't do this, please." I begged.

"I can't loose you, Mattheo. This is a death wish."

"Yeah, well I'll never forgive my self if he touches even a hair on your head. I can't let him. I won't. I need you, I won't let him take you from me, again." He snapped.

I followed behind him, as he left my room, chasing him all the way up to the astronomy tower. Begging, pleading that he would just stop and think for a moment.

"Dahlia, please, stop! I have to do this!" He snapped, once we finally reached the top.

"Not without me your not." I whispered, grabbing his arm just before he apperated, causing me to go with him.