Anything is possible

Dino moved through the center bored and aimless. He had to watch where he was going because it was too easy to have someone slide through him. The poor cat he was currently pestering was nowhere to be found and he didn't have anything else to do. He couldn't talk to anyone and there were no other ghosts in the center that he was aware of. Not that he thought that meant anything, there seemed to be many things he wasn't aware of, like his family.

He didn't remember having a family. He didn't remember not having a family. He didn't even remember his name, so he didn't trust much of anything. What he did trust was that the Hybrid Center was where he needed to be. He felt like this was where he was supposed to be. This was home.

He did have a name now, at least. Naming him after the dog on the flintstones might be a bit much, but it did make him laugh, the cat was funny. Scaring him was hilarious. He smiled at the thought.

As he moved through the center he noticed that the empty space had moved again. Of all the weird things about being dead, this was the one that bothered him the most. It floated around but he could never see anything inside it. If there was a chair in the room, the space would fill it and the chair would disappear, but once the space moved, he could see it again. He had no idea what to make of the phenomenon.

He used to follow the space trying to figure out what it was, but never could, so he eventually stopped trying to analyze it and left it to its own devices. It didn't bother him so he didn't bother it.

He floated up to the roof where he could look down at the street and see if he could spot his missing friend walking around. At this height, he could see for several blocks around. He saw the hybrid children playing. He could see people walking around. He noticed several humans who crossed the street to avoid the center.

Dino scoffed. Silly humans, always so judgemental. He shook his head and continued watching the streets.

A couple of blocks away, he could see a beautiful young male walking towards the center. He had black hair with patches of white and brown on his ears... ah, he must be a Persian cat of some kind. Before he could look away, a nondescript van drove next to the cat and suddenly opened the door and four men reached out and grabbed the young man and pulled him in before driving away.

He looked helplessly at the van driving away. Another hybrid was taken by force. When he first was dead, he tried to do something but soon learned that nobody could hear him call out. Nobody could respond to him. It made him so sad.

"Hey stop the van. They took someone, stop that van!" someone was shouting. Heads turned but nobody did anything. He could see a young man running after the van and realized it was his panther. Jungkook ran hard after the van and he shook his head. Didn't he realize he'd be kidnapped too?

He had to stop him and the next thing he knew, he was standing next to the panting panther who had stopped to catch his breath, worn out by the run.

"That was foolish, they would have kidnapped you too," he told Jungkook.

The panther was startled but gave him a dirty look, "What? Just accept that a hybrid got kidnapped in broad daylight?"

"No, but running after it was still foolish. Did you get the plate number?" he asked.

"Yes," Jungkook said, breathing hard.

"Then let's tell the Center and they can make a report. It'll mean more coming from them."

Jungkook nodded and ran back to the center.

Dino flashed back to the center and Jungkook was surprised to find him standing in the doorway.