More to the story

The next morning, Jungkook woke up to see a figure standing next to his desk, unmoving, staring quietly at the photo lying there.

"Dino, you're still here?" Jungkook rubs his eyes as Dino slowly looks at him and shrugs.

"Sorry I'm in your room, but I couldn't stop looking at it." He whispers.

Pulling himself up to sit against his pillow, Jungkook tries to wake up more to listen to his friend, "Is something bothering you about it?"

"I'm just thinking," is the reply.

"About?" Jungkook nudges for him to continue.

Sitting on the foot of the bed, Dino lets out a sigh, "For years, I've noticed that there were these blank spaces that I couldn't see. They weren't still. They moved around. Since I couldn't make heads or tails of them, I ignored them. Anything to do with them, I ignored. I just accepted that they were blank spaces. I ignored anyone talking to them. I ignored them interacting with other objects. I just..."

"Just...?"

Dino stares into space for a bit, "I just refused to be curious about them." He turned to look at Jungkook, "Why would I ignore my mates?"

Jungkook shook his head, "Why are you a ghost and not moving on? Let's face it, you shouldn't be hanging around like this. You should have moved on, but you stayed. We need to find out why. At least we know where to start now. I can talk to your mates and find out what was going on at the time of your disappearance."

"Disappearance?" This startled him.

"Yeah, you just disappeared one day on them. They never knew what happened to you," Jungkook got up and started getting dressed, "Um, can you leave the room, I want to change."

Dino nodded and with a dazed look on his face, disappeared from the room.

"Hey!" Jungkook yelled over his shoulder, "Meet me for breakfast," He didn't get a response, but he figured Dino was listening anyway. He finished getting dressed and headed to breakfast.

Upon entering the dining room, Jungkook looked around and saw that Onew was eating breakfast with the doctor, Jin. He ignored that Jin looked over at his entrance and went to get breakfast. Once he had his plate filled, he debated whether he wanted to go sit at their table. On one hand, he needed to talk to Onew, but did he want to be close to his supposed mate?

"He's not going to bite you," Dino whispered causing Jungkook to shudder slightly. "You want to talk to my mate, and I'm pretty sure yours would like to spend time with you, too."

"That's the problem," Jungkook muttered under his breath. Stealing himself against the inevitable, he walked over to the table and sat his tray down in the chair farthest from the swan. Jin and Onew exchanged glances and continued eating.

"Onew, I talked to Dino," he began.

"You mean, Jonghyun?" the rabbit's ears perked up.

"Well, he prefers to be called Dino right now," Jungkook paused, feeling uncomfortable, "It seems that Dino hasn't been able to see you guys. He forgot he had mates."

"That's not encouraging," Onew said sadly. "How could he forget us?"

"It probably has something to do with how he died," Jin tried to comfort his friend.

Jungkook could only nod, "He talks about having these blank spaces that he avoided. But, he was able to remember you," This made Onew smile but his eyes were glassy with unshed tears. "I was able to confirm that he doesn't know how he died. He only remembers being a ghost in this place."