Cautious

Miss Kay was somber as Jungkook told her about Jimin's situation.

"And you're sure he's one of your mates?" She asked.

"I got the same feeling with him that I get around Dr. Kim." He admitted reluctantly.

She raised an eyebrow at that statement and finally smiled at Jungkook. "Unlike your situation, Jimin probably doesn't have a contract we can buy," Miss Kay said to herself as she considered the situation. "And if he's the cat you saw kidnapped the other day, we may have to find his original owner and buy him from them if she didn't do it first."

Jungkook sighed at the challenges to free Jimin.

"Oh, why such a big sigh, my dear panther?" Miss Kay got up from her desk, walked over to Jungkook, and helped him get up. She scratched behind his ears, and he leaned into the caress and gave a slight purr. Her face still had its gentle smile on it. "Do you really think things are so hopeless?"

"You barely got me away from her clutches. I don't see how we're gonna save Jimin before she hurts him permanently." he worried, straightening up from Miss Kay's attention. He had known what his fate had in store for him in that monster's possession. Who knew what Jimin had already suffered?

"I thought you didn't want mates?" Miss Kay rubbed the back of the worried panther, trying to ease his worries.

"That doesn't mean I want him hurt," Miss Kay smiled big at that.

"Where's my mad panther who destroyed his room because he couldn't make friends?" she asked teasingly.

Jungkook could only glare at her for that reminder, finally making her laugh. "Mates can be friends and brothers, you know. It doesn't have to be a love match." She patted his back and got back to business. "Namjoon had already contacted me about his search for your mate. Jimin's name did come up in the database of lost hybrids, and he's pursuing the matter. As soon as he sends word, I'll let you know."

With that, she let Jungkook leave, and he shook his head in amazement at how fast she seemed to work. He wondered just how well-connected his owner actually was. He should probably ask his new friend. He then remembered that he now had Namjoon's phone number; he should probably give him a call. Looking at the time, he realized Namjoon would still be busy at work, so he went to get something to eat.

After grabbing a snack, he saw Felix and BangChan sitting at a table. If the ferret had been there, he'd have found somewhere else to sit, but maybe they could help him get his mind off his worries.

When he approached them, the wolf and koala looked up, and they invited him to sit down. His heavy heart couldn't be hidden despite their smiles and warm manner. BangChan looked at the troubled panther and asked him what was wrong. Jungkook explained about finding a new mate and that he was in the hands of someone who would abuse him.

"I'm sorry to hear that the calico is in danger. Is this the same one you saw kidnapped?" BangChan asked, and Jungkook could only nod. "It's interesting that you are finding your mates so quickly. I've been here for five years and found Felix and Hyunjin recently."

"Is that really what's important right now?" Asked the panther.

"That is usually the most important thing to many hybrids," Felix replied.

"Well, not me."

"So you've said before. What scares you so much about having mates?" the koala asked him.

"I was abandoned to the streets when I was a small child. By the time I was 12, I was used to dodging the drug and sex gangs. A fighting trainer found me and promised to keep me out of the gangs if I would fight for him. The fighting rings weren't any better." Jungkook's voice lowered, "While training, one of the other fighters tried to convince me they were my mate. They gave me gifts and spent every moment we weren't training with me. We would talk for hours, and I thought no one would ever understand me like they did. "