A Calico dilemma

Jungkook was walking back to the Hybrid House when he suddenly froze at the sight before him. A young calico male was walking the streets in revealing clothing with a collar connected to a chain around his neck. He wore a poker face, although his eyes were wary and alert. That wasn't what stopped Jungkook, though. What made him freeze was the woman who held the chain to the collar.

She had long dark hair and impeccable makeup. She wore a tight leather outfit with thigh-high boots and a long leather jacket. Her red-painted lips held a smirk as she saw Jungkook on the sidewalk. "Well, well, look who we have here. Where's your owner?"

Jungkook rubbed at his chest absently and immediately dismissed the chained male for the more dangerous predator in front of him. "I'm allowed to walk around the neighborhood as I choose. She doesn't hold me in chains."

A sneer pulled at her full lips, "You were such a prize. You would have been so beautiful chained to my bed," her smile fell, "You escaped me, but I will own you eventually. As soon as I secure an invitation to the Center, you'll be mine."

"That will never happen. Ms. Kay bought my contract from you. You don't have any chance of owning me ever again." Jungkook vowed. His body was tense, his breathing tight, not trusting the human before him. He realized the calico was the young hybrid he saw kidnapped the other day. "Did she kidnap you?" he asked him directly.

Fear filled the young man's eyes, and his chain was jerked on to keep him from speaking. His hands grabbed at the collar around his neck to keep it from choking him.

"Jimin, you don't speak to strays," She instructed him. She walked up and put her hand on Jimin's neck. "This one is mine, and I like my pretty kitties." She ran her fingers through his hair and gently pulled on his ears, imitating affection. Still, Jungkook saw the revulsion in Jimin's eyes.

"Ms. Choi, are you bothering my friend?" Namjoon's voice called from behind Jungkook. It was cold and unfriendly. The woman focused on the man, and anger colored her expression before she took an impassive expression.

"Mr. Kim, what are you doing here?" Her hand tightened around the chain attached to Jimin.

"I had a reason to talk to Jungkook here when you approached him. I don't believe you have a reason to be talking to this hybrid." Namjoon's voice was devoid of anything resembling warmth. "I believe we'll leave you now," He gently took Jungkook by the elbow and led him away. Jungkook looked back and saw the sadness in Jimin's eyes.

"You don't want to ever be alone with that woman," Namjoon cautioned.

Jungkook looked back at Namjoon, trying to regain his breath and wild heartbeat, "She almost had me once. Never again."

"That's why you look familiar to me. You're the prize-fighting cat." Namjoon said almost to himself.

Jungkook was shocked, "You know me?" Was Namjoon just playing with him all this time? Was he really his friend?

"It's more that I know of you. My law firm does work for Hybrid House. Your case came across my desk." Namjoon looked apologetic. "I did not realize it was you until I saw you talking to Ms. Choi. When we met in the park, I enjoyed talking with you. I forgot to give you this when we separated after lunch," Namjoon handed Jungkook a piece of paper with a phone number.

"Your number?" Jungkook was surprised.

Namjoon suddenly got embarrassed, "Yeah, I thought it would be nice for you to have someone you could talk to, and I really do want to be your friend." Jungkook continued to watch him, not sure how to feel about this, when Namjoon's face became firm, "Besides if that bitch is going to be hanging around and bothering you, no way I'm letting you be at risk,"