Chapter 6: Albus

I was sitting in the Common Room with Elphias, Poppy, Robert and Malcolm. We were talking. I told them about the argument with Minerva and what Allie told me.

"Please, Dumbledore! If you knew how much she talked about you during the holidays!" said Robert. "'Oh and you know what?! Albus did that, and then we worked. We spent our time in the Library! He's amazing!'" he said, imitating his sister's voice, making us laugh.

"She's had a crush on you since day one, Albus, and we all know that you like her, too," said Poppy.

"What?! No! Who told you that?"

"You're too obvious, Al," said Elphias, laughing.

"Who else knows?"

"Only us, as well as Rolanda, Pomona, and Filius!" said Poppy with a huge smile.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I said.

"C'mon! They're Min's friends! That's normal!"

"Yeah, well that's a lot of people who know!"

"Maybe, but you'd better ask her out because it's your last year," said Malcolm.

"He's right. If you hadn't lost your time kissing Allianah, we wouldn't be here, convincing you that you have to ask her out as soon as possible!" said Elphias.

"Please! She hates me!"

"She doesn't, you dumb idiot!" said Poppy.

"Okay, okay, fine!"

The portrait hole opened and Minerva and a guy came in, talking. Then, she came towards us and stood next to me.

"It was nice seing you at the Prefects' meeting, Head Boy! Did you forget or do you think you're too important to attend it?!" she said on a dry tone.

I gulped. "Sorry. I forgot."

"Yeah, well you're lucky I took notes. There." she handed me a folder in which was a parchment, covered in her handwriting.

The guy arrived next to her and placed his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey Dumbledore! So— you think you're too important to attend a Prefects' meeting? You know that the Head Boy and Girl must attend, too, right?"

"Listen, I don't know who you are, but-"

"I'm John, the Gryffindor Prefect."

"Great. So go away and leave me, okay? I had other things on my mind than that meeting."

"Well you better attend the others because otherwise you'll get sacked from your Head Boy functions, you dumbass!"

"Thanks, you may leave, now."

He took his arm away from Minerva's shoulders and left.

"Your schedule is inside, too. You better have a look because we all have rounds this evening," she said before getting out to start patrolling.

I took a look at mine and saw that I was supposed to be on the Seventh Floor with the Slytherin Prefect, Horace Slughorn, in five minutes.

I got up and hurried outside, taking the stairs to the Seventh Floor.

Horace was a Sixth Year Slytherin who was pretty kind. I didn't really understand why he was in that horrible House, but told myself that there had to be a reason.

"Hello! I'm Horace! You must be the Head Boy, Albus Dumbledore! I didn't see you at the meeting! Where were you?"

"I forgot we had a meeting, sorry."