Chapter 8: Minerva

A/N: I'll put a little part with Albus' POV in this one to give some context.

Albus' POV:

I remembered what Minerva had said, about her parents not being there for Christmas and all, so I decided, around mid-November, to write to my mother.

Hi mom,

I hope that you are doing well. I wanted to tell you that I have a girlfriend, Minerva. She's Aberforth's best friend, Robert's sister. I was thinking that maybe we could invite them over for Christmas. They also have a brother who is one year older than Ariana, and it would be a great opportunity for her to make a friend before getting to Hogwarts. I mean, he'll be able to show her around, and she won't be lost. He'll also be able to help her with her homework, and the McGonagalls are really kind. Even Minerva will be there during her First and Second years. I know how stressed you are at the idea of letting her go with her illness and all, and maybe that if she has a friend, it'll make it easier for both of you.
Anyway, you're the only one who can make the decision, I'm only suggesting.

Hope Ari's doing well,
Albus

I waited for her answer patiently, knowing that she'd turn the proposition in her head again and again, but wasn't expecting an answer so fast.

Hello Albus,

It feels nice to hear from you again. I'm so glad that you have a girlfriend and would be glad to meet her! Her brothers are welcomed too. You're right, I think that Ariana would do great with a friend before getting to Hogwarts. I told her about it, and she seemed rather happy. We'll be waiting for you at King's Cross station on December 20th.

Can't wait to see you,
Mom

Minerva's POV:

Christmas was approaching. I wanted to get home, but was still happy to stay at Hogwarts with my brothers.

It was now December and it was snowing. I was sitting in the Common Room, in my favorite armchair, reading a book. I heard footsteps and recognized to whom they belonged before he even came behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Minerva?" He asked.

"Hi. How are you?" I said.

"I'm doing great. So- you're staying here for Christmas?" He asked.

"Yeah. Mom and dad are going to visit some foreign countries."

"Great!"

"Yes."

"Uhm- I asked my mother, and she'd be glad to have you and your brothers over for Christmas."

"Really? Are you sure? I mean- that's great! Thanks! But isn't it supposed to be a family moment?"

"It stopped being one since the moment my dad got sent to Azkaban. Plus, it'd be fun to have some friends around. Malcolm's one year older than my sister, so-"

"You have a sister?"

"Uhm- yeah. She's ill, but she absolutely wants to go to Hogwarts."

"Okay."

"Will you let them down during the holidays?" he asked.

"Hmm- maybe."

"If you don't, I'll make you do it," he said, laughing.