Chapter 7: Minerva

He thought I never noticed when he stared at me. He thought I wasn't looking. But I was an excellent observer.

We were now standing in the corridor, just the two of us, and he was struggling to find his words, making me laugh. "Is the great Albus Dumbledore struggling to find his words?" I teased.

"Maybe?" he said with a sheepish smile which I found cute.

"I'm listening, but we have rounds to do," I said with a soft smile.

"I like you," he said. I wasn't expecting this. "I have for a pretty long time, but— I was sort of a coward. Even when I was with Allianah, I couldn't stop thinking about you."

I stared at him in shock and he didn't even chuckle, like he normally would because of how uneasy he looked and must have felt.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same way," he added quickly, as I wasn't giving him an answer.

"No. No. Sorry. I just— I wasn't expecting this," I said.

"Oh. Uhm— Okay."

"I like you too, Albus."

At first, he didn't react, then, he looked up at me in shock, as if he couldn't believe it, and I chuckled. His mouth was open, showing that he really was in shock.

"Wow. Albus, close that pretty mouth of yours," I said, walking closer, putting a finger under his chin and pushing his mouth closed. "Earth to Albus," I called.

"Sorry," he said. "I uhm— You meant it?"

"Of course I mean it, Albus!" with that, I pressed my lips against his. He kissed back and cupped my face, deepening the kiss.

Eventually, we broke the kiss, both of us smiling.

"Maybe it's a little too soon, but would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked.

"I don't think there's a right time," I said truthfully. "Yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend, Albus Dumbledore."

He smiled widely and kissed me again, making me laugh.

"Come on, now. We have rounds to do," I said, taking his hand in mine as we walked around the Fifth Floor.

Around midnight, we went back to the Common Room. Before getting in, we kissed goodnight and then joined our dormitories.

The girls were awake. I was sharing the dorm with Poppy and two other girls, Liana and Abigail.

"So? How was it?" asked Poppy.

"Uhm— Poppy, we were just patrolling," I said with a smile.

"Oh please! You two were alone, in a corridor, and nothing happened?!"

"Poppy—"

"What, Minerva? Stop lying, please!"

"Nothing happened!"

"Except for—?" said Abigail. This girl was a real genius.

"We just kissed and he just asked me to be his girlfriend," I said, annoyed.

They all screeched and jumped on my bed, asking thousands of questions.

"You said yes?"

"Is he a good kisser?"

"Did he kiss you goodnight?"

"Yes, yes and yes," I said. "Now, please, I'm tired!"

"But Min—"

"No!"

I put my pajamas on, brushed my teeth and went to bed. I instantly fell asleep, dreaming about a certain auburn-haired man with electric blue eyes.

*°*°*°