-40-

Book: Courage
Chapter 40
Word Count: 3263

Layla grinned once she saw her letter arrive from Hogwarts with her school supplies.

Fifth-year students would require:
The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 5 by Miranda Goshawk
Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard

FOURTH-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:
Dress robes (for special occasions)
The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4 by Miranda Goshawk

It followed with a list of the necessary uniform and the books she'd need that she already had last year.

Dress robes? Layla frowned in confusion and headed down the steps of Grimmauld Place. It was a very nice house hidden in a muggle part of the country. She and Remus had been staying there with Sirius over the summer. Layla had gotten extremely close with Sirius over the past few months and she'd started seeing him as a second dad.

"Guys?" Layla walked into the dining room where Remus and Sirius were sat talking. "I got my list of school supplies for this year. Why would I need dress robes?"

"I'm sure you'll find out when you get to school, honey," Remus replied.

"When do you leave to go to the Burrow, Lays?" asked Sirius, using the nickname that he himself had invented for Layla.

"Why? Trying to get rid of me, are you, Siri?" Layla smirked, using her own nickname for him. Sirius chuckled.

"Quite the opposite, in fact, sweetheart. It's going to be different when you leave after having to put up with you all summer. I won't get to see you until Christmas."

"You'll survive," said Layla with a chuckle of her own. "But I can't remember if it was tonight or tomorrow that Ron wants me to floo to his house. I'll go check the letter he sent last week."

Layla kissed both Remus' and Sirius' cheeks before turning and walking back up the stairs. She located Ron's letter from a week ago and quickly read it.

Layla,
DAD GOT THE TICKETS FOR THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP - Ireland versus Bulgaria, Monday night. Please, please, please come with us! Harry and Hermione are! All of you can stay with us until school starts.
If you decide to come, you can floo in on Sunday. We'll be heading to the World Cup around lunch time on Monday to get settled into the tent near the pitch so it will be better for you to arrive the night before.
Hermione's arriving this afternoon and we're going to floo into Harry's aunt and uncle's place at five o'clock on Sunday to get him whether those muggles like it or not. Percy's started work - the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Pretty boring job if you ask me.
If you could please give Pig a treat before sending him back with your answer, he'd like that! He loves his treats.
Anyway, hopefully see you soon,
Ron

Pig was short for Pigwidgeon. That was what Ron had decided to name the owl that Sirius gave in to replace Ron's old rat — which actually wasn't a rat — Scabbers (or Peter Pettigrew).

So, she was supposed to head over on Sunday. That was tonight! She'd completely forgotten! She could have sworn it was Saturday.

Thankfully, her trunk had already been packed in advance. It was only lunch time so she decided to stay for dinner with Remus and Sirius before heading to the Burrow.

"I'll miss you," said Layla as she hugged her dad tightly, standing by the fireplace. Remus hugged her back with a soft smile.

"If you decide to come back for Christmas, I'll pick you up at the train station and take you back here. There is a possibility that we will be selling our house and moving in here to keep Sirius company. He won't be leaving the house for a while."