-70-

Book: Courage
Chapter 70
Word Count: 5653

A/N: I'm sorry for the 10 day wait, y'all, but here ya go ❤️
-Lunamalfoy06

"He's been what?" Hermione gasped in shock, she and Layla exchanging stunned looks at the news.

"He is at St Mungo's right now," said Professor McGonagall. "Get changed, girls, and I'll take you to the Headmaster's office."

So they did. Layla and Hermione both got changed as quickly as possible, being careful not to wake up Lavender and Parvati. The two girls then left with Professor McGonagall in a hurry.

When they arrived, Dumbledore sat there, looking exhausted, and him looking even a little bit tired was a rare sight.

"Ah, Miss Granger, Miss Lupin," he said once he had spotted them. "I'm sorry both of you have a lot of—"

"What happened to Mr Weasley?" demanded Layla, interrupting her headmaster. "Where is Ginny, and Ron, and—"

"The Weasley children were all sent to Grimmauld Place after we heard of the attack," said Dumbledore in a gentle tone. "Along with Mr Potter."

"Harry? Why Harry?" asked Hermione, and Layla could tell that Hermione felt left out that she had not gone with them.

"Mr Potter was the one to witness the attack," said Professor Mcgonagall.

"What?" Hermione frowned. "Why was Harry—"

"Did the attack happen here?" asked Layla, confused.

"I'm sure your friends will explain when the two of you arrive," said Dumbledore. "You'll be going to Grimmauld Place as well. We shall have to wait until term officially ends, however, as—"

"Hem, hem."

Umbridge had arrived, looking thunderous. Layla clenched her jaw in anger at the sight of the woman.

"Dumbledore," Professor Umbridge said sharply, "is it true that five students escaped the school in the night, without my permission?"

"It's Professor Dumbledore, Dolores," Dumbledore corrected coolly. "And I wasn't aware that I had to ask your permission."

"You were behind this?" said Umbridge shrilly. "Might I remind you, Dumbledore, that as Hogwarts High Inquisitor—"

"Might I remind you, Dolores, that as Headmaster, I have jurisdiction over my students. Arthur Weasley has been attacked, and his children were needed at the hospital," said Dumbledore calmly. Layla had to praise Dumbledore for how he was able to stay so calm. She would have already thrown a punch or two by now.

"Dumbledore—" Umbridge sputtered.

"Miss Granger, Miss Lupin, you better get packing," said Dumbledore. "Professor McGonagall will be accompanying you to London when the term ends."

Layla and Hermione both nodded.

"Now, girls, just you wait—" Umbridge began, but Layla shot her a fierce glare and had grabbed Hermione's hand, pulling her along out of the office before Umbridge could continue.

As the term ended, Layla read over the letter that Remus had sent her.

Layla,
I know that you have heard of Arthur's attack, so I also know that you will be going to Grimmauld's Place over Christmas to be with the Weasleys. I just thought I'd tell you that I might not be able to make it. If I can, I will try and pay a few visits over Christmas but it's not definite. With Arthur in St Mungo's, we are down a man in the Order so I have been having to go on a number of extra missions. My schedule over Christmas will possibly be full with Order business. I am sorry, honey.
If I am unable to make it, I hope you have a great Christmas and I will see you when I can.
With love,
Dad