CHAPTER 50- EARLIER THAT DAY

LUNA CREST

I left Esthelian on Aldanards protection. I left some notes to help him guide her. I wouldn't entrusted my princess with Emion. But what am I thinking? I failed to picked him to be her knight. Dapat sana sa lunarian nalang.  But I can rely on his strength. I know he'll protect her in a mean time. Because I already give a hint of warning and that shook his entire being. And he had no choice but to nod.

I sneak by the corridor and accidentally saw Grand duchess Tonali came out from her room and they went straight to the garden with the other ladies of the court.

"How's the report?" I said without looking at them. I felt the familiar  presence behind me.

"They failed to capture the culprit. Their coats and how they move and glide on the night was the same of how lunarian hunts Estheria, they're framing them again and this time it's getting worst" said emerald. "My brother told me that when he was at work he saw few people with a cloak sneaking on the town. Unfamiliar faces and his gut tells him that those people are up to something.

"He settle this with the Marques. This people shows up when Esthelian reported died"- said pearl and Amethyst join the conversation.

Her face is full of curiosity and wants to deal with the situation but she was disappointed because all she can do is watch. "The scouts rather suspiciously disappeared. This people with a cloak somehow managed to snuck in the town without getting into trouble"

"You mean, when Esthelian officially reported died.."

"Her burial was already arranged"

"Arranged you say" Mukhang plinano ito ng maayos. The king didn't show himself to the public after the reports of his false deceased daughter. The Queen shouldering the responsibility to help him and grew an army. But other than that, the scouts disappeared without a trace. Aside from growing their soldiers it just lessen their power. Something is not right.

I have to know the roots of all caused, starting in this palace. Those culprit had the guts to seize the place without being caught. Siguro may mga mata sila dito sa loob ng palasyo. And her highness the Queen let that Grand duchess stayed here. A tyrant one. The scar marked her hatred on her, yet by the looks on her face, she was happy. Maybe she knows something.

"Tell me about that woman" Carnelian sneak behind the curtain, watching my first suspect.

"That Grand duchess Tonali, she live near the capital of Mie clan.

"Mie?" I asked, that surname is close to the lady I serve back to Devuniak.

"Does she live in Devuniak?"

"Yup she is, she is a cousin with Lady Ming mie and cousins of Princess Maridel and also she's a widowed woman, he was married to a Grand duke" said pearl. Just as I thought. Debuniak eyy, now that was suspicious. At first eye contact on that Great hall and how they move their hand fan, already suspicious. I know they are  exchanging message through hand fan.

I spend my days on the Empress library to study the basic human movement and specially the fan that they are using it to communicate silently.

"And also when we heard the news the Queen was a bit suspicious she change a lot. Mabilis itong nagalit at lagi na kaming inutusan at minsan kulang narin ang pahinga namin. She's always away and expanded the army to set war on Zendalia...."

"Baka nakakalimutan mo Emerald. The Queen was in rage and the king blame himself for loosing her and the Queen couldn't sleep, she's worried for the future of these kingdom"

"Surely but why blame Zendalia?"

"I will investigate this, just keep your eyes on the unfamiliar faces on the court. Report to me what data you have gathered"