Chapter 3: I don't care about you anymore

Warning: this chapter does contain a mature theme in the flashback. Thank you!

Bridget's POV
I got to my little cottage and went to grab a few things, me and the raptors were going to go hunting. It may not seem like it, but I really enjoy hunting. The raptors hunt with their teeth and claws, while I hunt with a bow and arrow. I climb down the ladder from my cabin and made my way to the waterfall where I'll meet the raptors. Once I got there, the Rex following, the raptors were waiting. When I was about to leave with them, I heard gunshot. I ran over to where the sounds were coming from and saw some soldiers killing ankylosaurus for no reason. The T. rex came roared to scare them. They ran off and me and my 'squad' left to go hunting.

Time skip to when they were done hunting

I was sitting by the river with Rex by my side. I looked down at the water. I am not that little girl I was, I'm stronger now. I looked up at rex and started petting her side. She leaned into my touch and closed her eyes. Her and I grew really close over the past year. She saved me from so many thing, and was always there for me, unlike my dad. I loved her to death. I remember a time she saved my life from a group of bandits that came to the island.

Flashback
I was walking around the island and saw there was a boat on the shore. I began to panic, someone else was on the island. I ran to find Rex but had a strong arm wrap around my waist and hand over my mouth. I began to kick and scream but to no luck. "Boys! Come see what I found!" The man yelled and I was pushed to the ground. At least 10 men surrounded me, looked at me and whistled. I scoffed at them in disgust. A men began to make their way towards me and hit me on the cheek. Another punched and another kicked me. I fought against them and they stopped suddenly when they heard the Rex roar. The Rex came out of nowhere and attacked the men harming me. I turned away, knowing the Rex was going to eat each of them. I turned around and the Rex looked at me with concern. She rubbed her head against me and I gave her a smile. She then kneeled know and I hopped on her back and made our way to the treehouse.
End of flashback

I looked up at her and nodded. She understood what I meant, I wanted to be alone for a moment. She left and I was sitting by the water, alone. I heard a snap in the forest and turned around. I saw my dad come out the the forest with a look of worry on his face. "What do you want." I snapped at him. He had a look of hurt on his face. "We need to leave." He tried to grab my hand, but I pulled my hand out of his grasp. "No." I said with a stern voice and made my way to the forest. He grabbed my shoulder and made me turn to him. "What do you mean no!" He yelled. "I mean I'm not coming with you dumbass." I snapped, he looked more hurt then anything. "Why are you so different?" He asked. I didn't know how to respond to that, as I tried to process my thoughts into words. "Because you left me! You left me behind! You didn't even look back! You could have check if I was still alive! You didn't check my pulse or anything! You just left me! Like all those times you had to leave for a stupid job! I forgave you then, but I don't anymore! After you left, I began to realize who I really am! Not some perfect girl who loved her dad and do anything to see him again! You were never there! NEVER! How do you expect me to forgive you! The one time you really come is when I don't need you! I'm happy! But clearly your happy with out me! With a soon to be wife and baby on the way! Hopefully you will be a better parent to your new kid then you ever were for me!" I scream. I took a deep breath and looked at his face, looks of hurt and pain. I looked him dead in the eye and said "I don't care about you anymore." And stormed off into the woods.