Chapter 7: Dinosaur Sickness

A/N please ignore Alan Grant in the background.. this is just a picture of what the dinosaurs would look like when sick. Thank you!

Bridget's POV
Dinosaurs everywhere were dropping like flies, this unknown sickness was everywhere. It was just effecting the dinosaurs for some reason and not the humans. Me, Dean, his brother Sam, and my dad took care of them. I was growing closer to Dean everyday. I think I really am falling for him. We haven't found a cure for this sickness, but the raptors have stayed in the cave and the Rex was moving around trying to find a safe spot. She kept moving which I never seen her do before. It just wasn't like her. Dean, me, my dad, and Sam were driving around the island when we came across a sick triceratops in a field. I ran out of the car, the others closely behind. I examined it, and it was the same symptoms as the other dinosaurs. I was examining the area while the others treat it. I was looking and I saw part of what looked like human food. I called my dad over to ask him if he recognized it. "Yeah, that's food that we packed from the mainland." He replied to my question. I stared at him wide eyed. This has been on the main land, area that could have some kind of disease. The main problem was the dinosaurs were not used to this kind of sickness, so it has a different affect on them rather then humans. "Has this been around areas that could have parasites or viruses?" I asked and he shook his head. This must have something to do with this. I went over to where the triceratops' droppings were located and put on rubber gloves. I began to claw thru it and saw exactly what I was looking for, the human food from earlier. My dad came over and saw it. This is what's going on, the food must have started the trend and began to spread. Now we know what it is, we just need to figure out how to treat it. I made it back to the triceratops with my dad behind me. According to Dean, the triceratops died when we were looking thru the droppings. I sighed in frustration. This was getting too much, first blue, now all of these other dinosaurs. We all jumped back into the jeep and made our way back to the camp. When we arrived, we saw that most of the camp was already packed. My dad, Dean, and Sam ran up to one of their supervisors to see what was going on. My dad came back and looked nervous, "what's up dad?" I asked with concern and he shook his head. "They want us to leave. Apparently, if the person that called didn't need help, we need to leave." He said to me in a shaky voice. He can't leave now, I need him to help me with the dinosaurs. " You can't leave yet, I need your help with this! We figured out what cause it, now all we need is to figure out the cure." I said in a panicked tone. "calm down Bridget, they said I can stay, but I need to have a radio on me." He said and I couldn't help but tackle him in a hug. He hesitated at first, before hugging me back. He and I need to figure this out. My dad went back to talk to the supervisor about how long he needs to stay and Dean walked up to me. "Listen, they are telling us to leave. But I'm not leaving your side until we get this done. Okay?" He said and I nodded. I felt this boast of courage come over me and I crashed my lips into his. At first he was shocked, but kissed back. We broke apart and stared into each other's eyes. "Okay." I whispered and he chuckled. "My brother Sam will be staying her too." he said and I nodded. The others left just leaving me, my dad, Dean and Sam on an island full of dinosaurs and disease.